AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I was tasked with finding a professional grade television that is 75"+ and under $8000 CAD to be used as a computer monitor in the board room where I work. So far in my research, I have only found professional-grade ones that are far above that budget. I was hoping for some insight on whether there are any televisions that work.

The order of priorities:
  1. 75"+ Screen Size
  2. Under $8k
  3. Thin for wall-mounting
  4. Good viewing angles
  5. Hopefully matte (not sure of the orientation of the screen so this may not be necessary)

Note: Color reproduction is not very important because this will mainly be used for video conferencing and viewing office documents.

Thank You

·
Registered
7,233 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrocks84 /forum/post/20870149

Recently I was tasked with finding a professional grade television that is 75"+ and under $8000 CAD to be used as a computer monitor in the board room where I work. So far in my research, I have only found professional-grade ones that are far above that budget. I was hoping for some insight on whether there are any televisions that work.

The order of priorities:
  1. 75"+ Screen Size
  2. Under $8k
  3. Thin for wall-mounting
  4. Good viewing angles
  5. Hopefully matte (not sure of the orientation of the screen so this may not be necessary)

Note: Color reproduction is not very important because this will mainly be used for video conferencing and viewing office documents.

Thank You

Sharp is supposed to debut an 80" within the next 60 days. Pre-order listed on Cleveland Plasma within your budget but there is no way to know whether it's matte or not at this point. Sharp LC80LE632U --- They have several 70" that are around $3K without 3D and semi matte and then the new Elite 70" with a MAP Price of $8500 but that is the next Holy Grail of panels (Deemed by many professionals that have calibrated and viewed it recently) but it is reflective.

Here's a link to the 60" version of the new 80" model that is supposed to debut --- 60" presently being sold through Dell. This is a budget series that doesn't use the Quattron Yellow Pixel.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...ynote_irrank=0

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
If it's any indication the 632 series Sharps in the 60" size have a matte or semi-matte finish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.