AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Klipsch RB-51s for my fronts and just got a RC-62 for a center to replace my old Synergy set up. Will the larger RC-62 be mismatched with the smaller woofer RB-51s? The rest of the set up is SS-.5s for the rears and a KSW-12 for the sub powered by a Denon 1910 when it finally gets sent to me. I plan on upgrading the rears when I have more cash. This will be for 90% movies, 10% music. Thanks!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veda /forum/post/16945635

Why not? It all depends on level matching all the channels right?

I would asume so, just have to see how it sounds when I get it hooked up. The Denon has Audssey so running that should smooth things over. BUT I am already looking at a set of RB-61s now and plan on selling the RB-51s.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Your current center IS tonally matched with the RB-51 (same compression driver, same horn). RB-61's or RF-62's are the ultimate match as they also use the same woofer. Problem is, if you get different series speakers for the left and right, they won't match anymore. The different Klipsch series sound different and shouldn't be mixed L/C/R.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundood /forum/post/16950501

Your current center IS tonally matched with the RB-51 (same compression driver, same horn). RB-61's or RF-62's are the ultimate match as they also use the same woofer. Problem is, if you get different series speakers for the left and right, they won't match anymore. The different Klipsch series sound different and shouldn't be mixed L/C/R.

Great information! So maybe the RB-51s won't be bad after all, like almost everyone tells me. I was just worried the center would sound too basey compared to the L and R.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Nope, should be fine. Not a bad thing to have a center that is at least equal to the left and right in dynamic range. Keep 'em.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundood /forum/post/16954725

Nope, should be fine. Not a bad thing to have a center that is at least equal to the left and right in dynamic range. Keep 'em.

Thanks everyone, will try the RB-51s with RC-62 and report back. No sense in spending extra cash if it sounds great to my ears.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the center yesterday and unpacked it today. Just noticed that the previous owner put 4 screw holes in the bottom and didn't feel that he needed to include that in the ebay listing. I might be sending this back. If I do I will just buy a new RC-52.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts