AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be visiting LV with the wife in early Dec from Toronto and wonder if there are any recommended stores that I should drop in. I'll be staying on the strip w/o a car so ideally they should be in walking distance.

Thanks

· Registered
123 Posts
I take that back! Last friday I was checking out the new addition to the Caeser's forum shops, and Sony has one of their techie stores in there. You can view some of their newest technology, including the new Qualia 004 projector priced at $30,000....well worth a visit.

· Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so I checked out the Qualia in the Sony store. Nice bunch of guys, no pressure, let me take my time even though I didn't look too serious. (how many guys buy a Qualia the first time they see it anyways?). Pretty impressive projector, but that sound system was brutal! Sony components all around including the crappy speakers. They were demoing it on a Blu-ray player, pretty neat, the disk looks kinda like a DVD on steroids. Big fat sucka. Virtually no SDE on the picture which was blowed up onto a 110" Stewart screen. HD TV looked great as did the upconverted DVD demo. But those guys gotta get new gear... especially the speakers.

The only other store I saw was the B&O at Fashion Center Mall. They had Beolab 5 speakers at $17K, little itty bity dipole speakers for $3K and a 42" plasma TV for $27K. Pretty pricey but only OK quality. I thought to myself "who the heck buys this stuff?" and lo and behold a well dressed Doctor looking guy walks in and says "All I want is a turnkey system that is modern, sleek, and easy to operate". Guys like that don't know SFA about the gear but they gots the money. I guess if B&O can sell one of these HT systems a week that pays the rent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.