AVS Forum banner

11721 - 11738 of 11738 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Anyone can edit Wikipedia. I used to spend time doing just that. But then someone else would come along and change my edits.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Right on schedule, GRIO replaced LIGHT TV on KGNG 26.5 this morning.

Lots of changes on KPVT-2 and KHMP-18 today.

2.1 remains Guide with BIZ in the upper right, and silent ads in the upper left
2.2 BIZ TV with loud audio
2.3 NTDTV with no audio
2.4 Shop different feed from 18.4
2.5 France24 in wrong aspect ratio
2.6 AMG with colorbars
2.7 All Sports Network with low audio
2.8 FaithTV sitting in black

18.1 France24
18.2 PSIP is KHMP with Guide and usual two corners inserts same as on 2.1
18.3 BIZ TV with low audio
18.4 Shop different feed from 2.4
18.5 Telemax foreign language
18.6 Invision colorbars
18.7 YouToo with no audio
18.8 702TV Dolan Springs barker channel

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
My zip is 89128. Maybe you need an antenna installer. ;-)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I have two professionally installed rooftop antennas pointed at two of the antenna farms. Present don't need a third antenna for Mt Potosi as there are no stations there serving Vegas currently. Waiting to see how well I receive K12XL from Primm once they put some juice in their transmitter.

With the buyout of ION O&O stations, it's been announced that the end of February will be they end for ION Plus and Qubo currently sitting dark on KMCC 34. A rumor is circulating that My Network TV (KVCW 33.2) may have a new name very shortly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My past predictions have been anything but stellar. But I'll go out on the limb and predict that when Light morphs into Grio, some upgrading of broadcast partners will occur during 2021 across the nation. I expect that GRIO will leave KGNG 26.5 and possibly find a place on KHSV 21.6. from rdvgas.

Far less than stellar, LOL, I just tuned to Light and see GRIO

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
So ION Plus, Qubo, and Shop ION leave KMCC-34 at the end of February. Although KMCC never did air Shop ION locally. So that leaves the question of what will fill their places on channel 34. Maybe another feed of SBN and some additional colorbars. Perhaps Byron Allen, owner of GRIO and THIS, will rush to the rescue of KMCC and consolidate their diginets on channel 34 subs.

·
Registered
139 Posts
So ION Plus, Qubo, and Shop ION leave KMCC-34 at the end of February. Although KMCC never did air Shop ION locally. So that leaves the question of what will fill their places on channel 34. Maybe another feed of SBN and some additional colorbars. Perhaps Byron Allen, owner of GRIO and THIS, will rush to the rescue of KMCC and consolidate their diginets on channel 34 subs.
It's been established that KMCC, being owned by Scripps, will begin running the Katz networks on its channels.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I have watched numerous hours of NTD on KPVT 2.3 today. Good selection of programming. Too bad there is no audio as of yet.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
It's only PR until a switch is thrown putting those KATZ networks on KMCC-34. Things can change. If the Katz networks do show up on KMCC, that either means more duplicate sub-channels or that the existing contracts for those networks on their current stations will be ended or bought out, etc. If ended is the situation, that l;eaves holes on KLAS, KINC, and KVVU.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
KGNG's Larry Hunt states that Dr. Vince, of KPVT-2 and KHMP-18, is aware of the audio mess on his Las Vegas stations. But his priority currently is getting several stations in Hawaii operational. I noticed yesterday that the audio from YouToo KHMP 18.7 is airing on 18.1 with the video for France24. Several years ago the audio for DW News was on France24. Larry Hunt has been recruited to handle the transmitter issue locally for KPVT-2 and KHMP-18, but everything being aired on the two stations is delivered by the internet from Atlanta.

In other Vegas OTA developments: KGHD analog channel 6 has until 13 July 2021 to cease analog operations. Will they file for a conversion to digital operations bringing a dozen sub-channels of color bars to the Valley?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
This slipped past me, but KVCW 33.2 is airing the Sinclair National Desk from 6-8 am.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Sound arrived today for NTD on KPVT 2.3. Other sub-channels are still in an audio mess. KHMP's 18.1 feed for France 24 is very poor video quality after being quite good until a week ago.

11721 - 11738 of 11738 Posts