AVS Forum banner

11881 - 11898 of 11898 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
70's would be great, great Decade for TV. Really enjoyed Grio yesterday, they had Coffey, BM-WM, Foxy Brown and others. Wish the Pq was better and uncensored. Coffey was missing "massive" ;) blocks of material. If they can pull that off they could give Bounce a run for the money.
I like TheGrio. What it lacks in picture quality, it makes up for it in nostalgia.
I wonder what will happen in the long term to ThisTV and TheGrio now that Amazon bought MGM.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
What's the problem at KPVT-2? Further, where's KMCC-34?

Minor problems here and there on other channels, but at least HC2 has plugged in the sub-channels on the KVPX-28, KEGS-30, and KNBX-31.

Networks arrived via the internet at several local stations shows why streaming to the public just isn't ready for primetime.

The GRIO and THIS TV is now owned by comedian Byron Allen, not MGM.

Isn't it time for KSNV, KLAS, KTNV, and KVCW to be promoting Next Gen TV, alias ATSC 3.0? If they helped to create some buzz, maybe we'd see the new tv's fly off the shelves. Especially with the pending coverage of the Olympics from Japan.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Isn't it time for KSNV, KLAS, KTNV, and KVCW to be promoting Next Gen TV, alias ATSC 3.0? If they helped to create some buzz, maybe we'd see the new tv's fly off the shelves. Especially with the pending coverage of the Olympics from Japan.
They're probably worried about losing that precious retrans money. It's the big reason CBS has been digging its heels regarding 3.0 AFAIK.

Of course, I generally speak about the networks in this regard. Obviously, the station owners are fully behind 3.0 (i think), but if they can't get the big 4 networks to fully back it...

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
News at 11. The audio sub-channel on KGNG 26.11 never materialized as a 70's music channel. Instead, it was changed today to "Talk" and features yet another pro-Trump talk network. Elsewhere, KPVM fired up a new channel as "AVN1" on a new 25.11. It may be simply an audio feed of their 25.3 America's Voice Network. When monitored this early evening, it was all quiet. With these additions to our dial, Las Vegas now has 124 sub-channels, when every station is working properly. But properly doesn't seem to be in the lexicon of many stations here lately. Doozey and Defy are slated to join KMCC next month upping our sub-channels even more.

KPVT-2 was struggling to return to the airwaves this morning. I understand that Larry Hunt of KGNG-26 is providing them with expertise.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Sometime between noon and 5 pm, KMCC flipped the switch to on for their sub-channels. That's ION on 34.1, Bounce on 34.2, Court on 34.3, Mysteries on 34.4, and HSN on 34.6.

KPVM was working on their system this afternoon and asked me what I was seing. At 5 pm, 25.8 was gone, then back, and ping ponged in that routine for several minutes. At one point it even has a PSIP of 25.a. Didn't know that was possible. Their 25.11 still shows at times, but without programming.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Friday evening at 6:55, KMCC cut the power to their transmitter leaving viewers without knowing the results of Hawaii Five-O. The signal remains in limbo Saturday morning. I expect better from Scripps.

Then late Saturday afternoon the signal was restored for perhaps 2 hours and disappeared once again.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Prism Broadcasting is the owner of KPVT-2 and KHMP-18 here in Vegas. Their expertise is in shambles. KPVT has been silent for several days after suffering spotty service. KHMP isn't in much better condition. 18.3 has no audio, while 18.5 has no signal while sitting in black. 18.6 has had no programming ever, just a PSIP and color bars for a diginet of unknown origins. And 702TV is attempting to keep their signal running while frequently airing the same MobBuys video for a beauty salon hair dryer. What gets me is this ad has aired for several months and indicates they only have three left at this price. Questionable advertising? The program guide channel on 18.2 has errors a-plenty. A quarter screen ad states watch 702TV and win prizes and also listen to music on 18.8. Neither are accurate. Prism also owns five stations in Atlanta, and two in Reno, in addition to a few others in various cities. I suspect they are all in a similar state of confusion..

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I hear that the trouble at KPVT-2 is a suffocated transmitter. Materials were piled in front of the tranny and cut off the air flow causing it to choke to death.

The Country Network is not sure why KLSV-50 has not taken down the trouble graphic for the network after about three months of its' display.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
What shall we expect to see on K30PL virtual channel 41? Will the new owner keep us informed via these pages?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
KMCC-34 choose today to make it back on the airwaves. All five sub-channels are pumping out programming.

Then about 5:10 pm, the powers that be hit the transmitter's off switch.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Perhaps getting power up the hill to the various transmitters is not as easy as one might think. Perhaps our extreme heat is the culprit. In any event, many sub-channels are missing this morning. Among those are KLVD-23's, KEGS-30's, KVPX-28's, KNBX-31's, KMCC-34's and KLSV-50's.

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what I hear, the up the hill power delivery method is janky at best which is why when we have windy days, stations go dark. This was hearsay from 3 or 4 years ago. Maybe NV Energy cleaned things up a bit after seeing the Cali fires and the power company deemed responsible.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
It looks like KPVT-2 is attempting to be restored this weekend.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Which is your favorite Vegas station for freeze frames? Today we can choose among KEEN 17.3, KHMP 18.5, KLVD 23.1, and KLSV 50.1

11881 - 11898 of 11898 Posts