AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the west coast and will be able to watch this show shortly. For people on the east coast that have seen it, does it look better this week than it did last week? NBC really botched it last week, so I'm really hoping it's good this week.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Much better this week.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
I caught a little, and it looked like other NBC filmed HD programs.

·
Registered
406 Posts
didnt see it last week, but it looked very poor in berkeley. heavy blocking in background (wall, etc), and every time they did one of those quick virtual camera zooms, it was pixelating terribly. can't say i was very impressed with the show either. just my opinion.

k

·
Registered
344 Posts
Here in Houston it was MUCH better than last week. Not up to par with CSI an hour later....interesting to see the contrast in quality back to back.

Getting better though.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
The pic was VERY NICE and stayed in HIDEF throughout the whole show. Perhaps there is hope for KNBC yet.

This one works for me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by summit3907
didnt see it last week, but it looked very poor in berkeley. heavy blocking in background (wall, etc), and every time they did one of those quick virtual camera zooms, it was pixelating terribly. can't say i was very impressed with the show either. just my opinion.

k
I noticed the terrible pixelation during quick pans and zooms as well. It looked terrible for just a couple of seconds, and then it was back to crystal clear.

Is this a problem with the filming or the broadcast?

My OTA signal strength is very good (Zenith SAT520).

Keith

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
MPEG2 compression will lose quality during very fast scene changes especially if the station is not using the entire 19.2Mb/sec for a 1080i HD program. Even then its still not enought bitrate in all cases.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Bad pixellation on fast scenes here in Hampton Roads Virginia also.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Here in Fresno it was about the best looking network filmed show I've seen in HD so far (don't get CBS yet). Much better than the Law and Orders last year, and also a bit better than ER. I watched all but the first 4 minutes and saw no pixelation at all. My local NBC affilliate is running only one subchannel and it shows a stationary test pattern at all times.

KSEE here in Fresno deserves some real kudos for thier HD performance of late--no missed switches and consistently good pq. Especially good considering they've only been up a couple of months.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.