Quote:
Originally posted by hiko
wow!! how much are bulbs gonna cost?
As they say, "If you have to ask....................." :D

Kent

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Wow great screen shot. I can almost see that a car. It also says the picture is 30 feet wide by 40 feet high. New HDTV format 3:4 aspect ratio. :) If you get tired of watching that great picture you can just flick a switch and vaporize your neighbors car. Thanks Brian.

Mike

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
It looked familiar, and I followed the link. Yep, it's from the folks at http://www.Laservideo.com.

http://www.laservideo.com/images/profx1.jpg

Look at the 19" rack in the lower right to get an idea how big this sucker is. And it needs water cooling.

Quote:
The ProFX is a video only projector and the Tauru is a projector that produces simultaneous video and conventional laser light show effects. Either units is 29 inches wide, 51 inches tall, 70 inches long and weighs 1200 lbs. They use 208 VAC three phase power, 125 amps per phase and require 5 gallons per minute of cooling water. The image emerges from the top of the unit and is directed to the screen(s) by a computer controlled steering mirror.
But I look at this and imagine a unit using red green and blue LED lasers and a tiny DMD image scanner. No focusing.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't very impressed by the PQ. I guess I have to give credit for shear size though. And I thought CRT's were big. :)

Dan

·
Registered
667 Posts
Chris,

Those were the images I was referring to.

Dan

·
Registered
220 Posts
I hope it's sunglases the guy "in front of" the car is wearing :)

Hmmm, watercooling. It acutally might be low noise then.

On a side note. Who get's to call this projector their's. the Digital guys or the CRT guys??? :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
It's very digital, but the only guys to accept it's size is us so it would probably go with the CRT guys, I think:) .

That's something for the OT (outdoor theater):D :D :D

mag

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.