AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question for you guys. I am new to PJs, as I have a 65" RPTV. Now, I plan on hooking up my LD player to either a 5700 or a 7200 for one reason, Star Wars.

Now, the PJ will be 16:9 and I plan to get a 16:9 screen but the LD player will think it is playing to a 4:3 source so the picture will be too fat. This is not a problem on my 65" RPTV, as I can just hit expand mode and it makes them look proportional and gives the correct aspect ratio.

Now, does the 5700 and 7200 have something like this too? I have not seen anything on it, so forgive me if I missed it.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
6,770 Posts
Yes,

every 16x9 digital projector that I've seen regardless of brand/technology offers a standard "zoom" for 4x3 letterboxed movies.

The only thing I haven't seen that I *wish* some manufacturer would provide (WOULD BE SO EASY) is a speacial 4x3 lbx zoom for 1.66:1 material...in other words...it wouldn't zoom quite as much as a "normal" zoom and would slightly pillar-box the image. This way one could blow-up 4x3 lbx 1.66:1 movies (from LD or DVD) and not have to crop the heads of the actors or lose subtitles.

BTW, I know you were talking about LD...but there are plenty of non-anamorphic WS DVDs out there that need to get "zoomed" too.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

I now just need to decide if I am going to go 5700 or 7200...

Is it true the 5700 is better for DVD playback? I know the 7200 is better for HD content (of course).

I also realize there are a lot on non-enhanced DVDs...just did not bring it up. :)

-Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.