AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a lurker on this site for a while now due to the fact I keep thinking my Mitz ws-65711 is going to go belly up soon. I've had the flashing green lights before but was always able to get through it with a system reset. Well, to make a long story longer, I think it finally is done. I have the room for a bigger TV and I've been reading the comments regarding the laservue TV's and the WD's that Mitsubishi makes and I was wondering, go bigger (82") or go with the laservue? Wait for the 92" DLP? Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.......also, anyone have experience with Walt's in Phoenix?

·
Registered
318 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveg1 /forum/post/20878729

Been a lurker on this site for a while now due to the fact I keep thinking my Mitz ws-65711 is going to go belly up soon. I've had the flashing green lights before but was always able to get through it with a system reset. Well, to make a long story longer, I think it finally is done. I have the room for a bigger TV and I've been reading the comments regarding the laservue TV's and the WD's that Mitsubishi makes and I was wondering, go bigger (82") or go with the laservue? Wait for the 92" DLP? Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.......also, anyone have experience with Walt's in Phoenix?

Since the Laservue has the clear contrast screen would it be better to compare another set that has this same screen such as the wd-82840. I have seen last years 82 incher and for me it was too dark. I assume that mits saw this as well because this years Laservue as well as their large diamond line carries a new screen for 2012.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was battling this exact scenario, between these two sets plus the 92740 as an outside contender.

Luckily the store got a Sharp 70" 735U in stock last week, which easily decided the issue.

I was willing to give up some size for all the major benefits a good LCD can provide, at a lower cost as well.

Hope that helps. Second place was the L75-A94, fyi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.