Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!

During setup I've encountered a couple of problems, I know I didn't have when I started. The picture is very good but I have OBVIOUSLY messed up something.

1. Whenever there is a black, or very dark, screen there are small light pulses (they look like they may be lines) that move up the screen (VERY annoying). I have carefully adjusted black level with the G2 knobs by displaying an all black screen and adjusting until the phosphor just barley lights up. During the course of setting up I did move the RGB Gain pots on the BA board.

2.On the Avia disc the pattern for adjusting Brightness is a 1/2 Black 1/2 Gray screen W/2 light moving bars in the Black section. The idea is to adjust brightness so the darker of the 2 bars is just barley visible (which I could EASILY do when I started). The problem now is that I can't see these bars (no matter what I adjust). I know I'm losing detail.

I'm having some people over tomorrow and I would really like to get this taken care of so I can get the case back on this thing.

BTW: I'm using an Iscan V2.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jawhn

·
Registered
16,840 Posts
Jawhn ,

-- don't adjust the RGB Gain pots on the BA board , set them at mid position [ if they are not already there ] . Pushing these too far can bring about problems like what you describe [ although this might not be the cause ] . Use the G2's for your gain adjustment [ on the focus block ] .

-- Where did you have your picture controls at when you set it up [ contrast/brightness ] ?

-- You say that you do not wish to use the Extron any longer but I would think you can gain a decent amount by using it [ even though I have not seen your system ] . The boost / peaking alone would be worth it IMO . But if you feel the image is better without it then by all means don't use it , you have to like what you see :) .

-- Your second problem is probably due to your picture levels , I bet your gray scale is off too . Go through it again and I bet you get it closer , this is a game of trial and error until you get to know each projector inside out [ I am still learning new tricks on my 1031Q and I have been all over inside this thing for over a year ] . Even if you go by the guide 100% there will always be things that you will have to tweak for the best results in the end .

--- Jason Berg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.