AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can return my HD70 if I take it back by tomorrow (Monday). I currently have it set up and love it. I use the Bright mode for the best picture which is 3D and punchy. It is plenty bright now, but I am concerned that the punch will be lost as the bulb ages. Wondering if I should take it back and get the Mits 1000 which would start with higher brightness and thus have a higher level when the bulb ages. Think the HD70 bulb will hold brightness well enough or get the Mits? Hate to take it back if the bulb has a good chance of lasting. Better warranty and the HD 70 is fully set up. Anybody have thoughts on the bulb issue?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLW65 /forum/post/0

I can return my HD70 if I take it back by tomorrow (Monday). I currently have it set up and love it. I use the Bright mode for the best picture which is 3D and punchy. It is plenty bright now, but I am concerned that the punch will be lost as the bulb ages. Wondering if I should take it back and get the Mits 1000 which would start with higher brightness and thus have a higher level when the bulb ages. Think the HD70 bulb will hold brightness well enough or get the Mits? Hate to take it back if the bulb has a good chance of lasting. Better warranty and the HD 70 is fully set up. Anybody have thoughts on the bulb issue?

how big is your screen?....if its large (greater than 106" than maybe the brighter mits might be the better choice in the long run...I think mines plenty bright enough still at 108" and 150hrs on the bulb so.... plus the black level is a touch better with my current setup.(hd70). plus the deinterlacer is a bit better on the hd70 so if you watch a lot of SD 480i stuff your better off sticking to what you got.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am using a Da Lite Video Spectra screen at 77 in diagonal. It has a 1.5 gain. The unit is plenty bright now. I am just concerned about the loss of brightness over time getting to a point that I have to get a new bulb to be happy. Thus I would be buying lots more bulbs over a period of time than with the Mits which would have plenty of brightness reserve as the bulb ages. I am currently running in low power mode on the lamp. I hate to turn it in because it looks fantastic as I have it adjusted right now.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLW65 /forum/post/0

I am using a Da Lite Video Spectra screen at 77 in diagonal. It has a 1.5 gain. The unit is plenty bright now. I am just concerned about the loss of brightness over time getting to a point that I have to get a new bulb to be happy. Thus I would be buying lots more bulbs over a period of time than with the Mits which would have plenty of brightness reserve as the bulb ages. I am currently running in low power mode on the lamp. I hate to turn it in because it looks fantastic as I have it adjusted right now.

at your size screen and with the gain I believe your setup is actually much brighter than the recommended brightness (i believe recommended brightness to be around 12fl ) I wouldnt bother the hd100u would probably have poor black level and actually be harder on the eyes at that size and brightness even after the bulb breaks in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.