AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

Does anyone have 'Last Holiday' yet? The official release date was Dec 30 but I still have yet to see it in any retail stores here in Vancouver Canada.

I looked for the movie on Dec 30 to no avail. I asked about this movie at Future Shop on Jan 2. The salesperson didn't know what movie I was talking about...then he went and poked at his computer for a couple of minutes and came back to tell me it was 'Sold out'. I found that statement highly unlikely as I don't imagine a big run at the store for this movie.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
The disc certainly exists. It is possibly not of enough interest for some stores.

Review of sorts here

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phloyd /forum/post/15564391

The disc certainly exists. It is possibly not of enough interest for some stores.

Review of sorts here

Yeah, I've seen reviews and listings on Amazon. Amazon Canada has it listed, but shows a 'Ships in 11-13 days' so they probably don't even have stock.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I picked up a copy at my local BB over the holidays...it's a decent looking film. Soft photography which seems typical for comedies. Nothing spectacular to look at but true to its source.

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
I saw this theatrically and some parts were indeed soft. Like they were shot digitally or something. 'Twas decent enough for a rental, but I probably won't be buying it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's a nice light comedy that my wife and I enjoy together.

Every once in a while it gets back into the rotation on Movie Central and we always find ourselves stopping what we are doing to watch.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I was out for lunch today and decided to drop into the Best Buy down the block. Lo and Behold there was a copy of 'Last Holiday' there. Nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts