AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've been reading these forums till my eyes bleed
And I've come up with 2 choices for a speaker setup (which I hope are even comparable!) and I was looking for a little help choosing. I've taken forever and the AV123 sale ends in the morning

I'll be putting them in a living room/dining room/kitchen combo area with a Samsung 67" DLP and most likely an Onkyo TX-SR875 reciever in a big oak entertainment center. I'll be listening to approx 80% TV/Movies and 20% music. I'm really new at audio setups, this will be my first one and I want it to last

Here are the 2 5.1 setups:

AV123:

Front = X-Statik

Center = X-Voce

Rear = X-ls Encore

Sub = MFW-15

Klipsch:

Front = RF-63

Center = RC-62

Rear = RB-61

Sub = RW-12d

They are about the same cost and I've only ever heard the Klipsch, but am leaning toward the AV123 based on the forum info and looks.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I haven't heard either but (1) AV123 has a great audition policy and (2) if you have been reading as long as i have (and it appears you have), you have probably weeded through most if not all of the stuff that YOU believe is bunk - my long way of saying - go with your gut! (BTW, let us know what you decide)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I decided to go ahead with the AV123 system, and try my luck
Thanks for the support, staysafeonline. Now I just need to finalize my receiver pick. I'm kind of worried the Onkyo will be too hot closed inside the entertainment center, so I may go with the Yamaha RX-V1800

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Those were two completely different systems lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Different how? Like I said I'm new at this
The Klipsch system is one a local electronic store gave me in a quote as a comparable(they said it was better) system. Thanks

·
Registered
742 Posts
Klipsch are super bright and forward, good for HT but not for muisc IMHO!

If you are into music the X-statics will be much more airy and surround you in the music....would be my choice between the two.

Anyway, 30 day inhome trial with free return shipping, can't go wrong.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
146 Posts
The klipsh one will have more dinamics as they are more sensitive. The s-series is more laidback sound. Of the subs the MFW-15 probably offers better performance as it has received good reviews from forum members.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts