AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a spectator for a very long time now, and have just finally registered as a user. This forum has been terrific for myself whom is new to home theater. I am about to make a purchase toward my first projector, but before i take the plunge I have a few last minute questions which will make my final decision on which projector will suit me best.

the two models I have narrowed down to are the Z1 and X1.

I know you might be thinking here comes another one of them, which is better? the X1 or the Z1..but that is not what I'm after...I would purchase both but my budget wont allow me =). I have read and understood all thier advantages and disadvantages. Due to my very limited tight room spacing, I do not expect(and dont mind) the projector to produce a large size picture. I would be sitting approximately 10 feet away from the screen and projector at 12 feet to screen, n would like to know if I would be seeing the screen door effect with the Sanyo Z1..and if so could i eliminate it by moving the projector closer making the picture output smaller and how far would that be before i would not see it?

For the Infocus X1 I would like to know how large the picture output would be at approx 12 feet from the screen and if by moving the projector closer sacrificing large picture output could it reduce the presence of rainbows?

One other question...I live in the Toronto area and am planning to purchase online, but does anyone know if there a local dealer within the city that I could make an instore purchase or even take a look at a demo.

Thank You,

-TONIC10

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would suggest you do a search on this forum. Rather than search for X1, search a user named Flooper. Look for a thread he started a couple of months ago where he compares the X1 and the Z1. He owns both.

I own the X1, and off the top of my head, I think at 12 feet back you can have a max image size of 78 inches wide (diagonal would be more, depending on aspect ratio)

Good luck!

patrick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.