AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More problems tonight. It was determained that the STK392-040 IC's should be the solution to last nights problem. Tonight I fired up the PJ and all looked fine. I walked out of the room for about 20 minutes while the PJ warmed up showing std def sat. I came back to find that the picture looked pinkish. I looked up and noticed that the green tubes output was at a very low level. In the white bal menu the numbers look the same, but the output is low. Last night while watching a movie I heard a small snap and the static convergence screwed up. I can't report on tonight as I was out of the room. Are these two problems related to the IC's or is there another problem? The green tube has about 100 hrs on it and it was a brand new one from Doug Baisey. I was going to order the IC's tomorrow now I don't know. Any thoughts? Thanks,

Chip S.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it's not a complete loss. My wife's now happy that I saved one of the ECP's I had. You don't know what you've got untill it's gone. The color and sharpness of the NEC is awsome. The ECP looks flat in comparison.

Anyways, the green looks as though it's level is turned way down when in fact the numbers are where they should be.

Thanks,

Chip

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump...

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Are the test patterns/menus dim on the green tube too?

Curt

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Curt,

I pulled the new green tube out and put the old burned one back in and the problem was solved. Tube has about 135 hours on it. It made a snap the other night which effected my static adjustment. I re-adjusted the static and watched the rest of the movie then shut it off. I turned it back on the following night on std def sat to let it warm up. When I turned it on it looked perfect, color and convergence. I walked out of the room for about 1/2 hour. When I returned, I found the low output from the green. I don't know if there was another snap this time as I was not there to see it.

I hope Doug can get it replaced. It was brand new not a rebuild. Up untill the other night this PJ has worked perfectly.

Thanks,

Chip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.