AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

Usually I know what to do with these kind of things but now I am stuck. I currently have a home theater system which accepts digital in and decodes but does not offer audio out after being decoded (only through the speakers as far as I can tell). I like to play late night and well, it would be way too loud to have my theater system on.

What I have is a 5.1 gaming headset for my PC which uses my sound cards 3.5mm front, rear, and center outputs to connect to. To anyone unfamiliar, the 360 offers optical output for DD.

I'm looking into a solution where I can use my current 5.1 headset with some sort of external DD decoder which has 3.5mm outputs.

The only thing I have found so far is the Creative Extigy which is an external sound card which doesn't need to be hooked up to a PC which accepts digital in and has 3.5mm output.

Are there any other solutions that I am missing? I can't seem to find a DD decoder box for my purpose..

·
Registered
128 Posts
one thing I was doing when I was away from home for a while was run the optical into my laptop with the Soundblaster Audigy ZS PC card. It comes with a dongle for the standard PC out 5.1 sockets. If you have a laptop, that might work for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.