AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
i want to see conan in HD more than anything. my local NBC affiliate better get their act together before it comes or there will be hell to pay :)

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
From the posts name I was thinking it was about the barbarian as opposed to the talk show host. :)

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I'm hopeful that my local (WDIV) will start passing Conan through instead of switching from the network feed to the trash shows like they do now.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
i want my hd conan! in time for christmas!!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Quote:
From the posts name I was thinking it was about the barbarian as opposed to the talk show host. :)
KROMMMMMM

·
Registered
333 Posts
Springsteen is on the 11th ( 12th am).

I'm kinda hoping it would be HD by then. :mad:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I noticed that Conan is airing repeats this week (DEC.2-DEC.6) even though it is not a holiday week or anything like that. Also, Conan has been making some jokes referring to the new HD cameras recently so maybe the show is taking the week off to set up the studio for HD. I can't wait!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
With NBCs recent history they probably started broadcasting it in HD a month ago - just never told anyone.

Chris

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by chap
LOL! So was I!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Ok, Conan the Barbarian of Late Nite TV probably won't be seen in HDTV untl sometime next year. That is vague enough. I was first told that the show was being taped in HDTV by maintence people that assumed that since the studio has those capabilities it was using them. WRONG. The show is being taped in 601. The edit room that was to be the HD edit suite is strictly 601. You get your DTV soon. There are no HD edit facilities in 30 Rock yet. Next year.

Rumor has it that 8H is next to be converted, next summer.

GT

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I thought NBC put out a release that sometime in January...too bad, would be nice to see Triumph in HD.

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Vidonic
I thought NBC put out a release that sometime in January...too bad, would be nice to see Triumph in HD.
For me to poop on.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Quote:
Gary Merson’s

HDTV Insider Newsletter- Exclusive-9/11/02-Special Consumer Story

NBC Announces Four Additional Hours of HDTV Programming

Fulfilling a promise made by NBC CEO Robert C. Wright to the FCC, NBC has revealed that "Late Night with Conan O’Brien" will be broadcast in high definition. Back in June 2002, Wright delivered a letter to FCC Chairman Michael Powell promising 14 hours of prime time and late night high definition programming per week. When the new season officially begins next week, NBC will fall short of the commitment with just 5½ hours of prime time plus 5 late night hours of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, for a total of only 10½ HD hours per week. When Conan O’Brien begins broadcasting in high definition in December, the weekly total will grow to 14½ hours.

Late Night with Conan O’Brien begins its 10th season this fall. It is broadcast from NBC studio 6A in New York City.

Copyright © 2002 HDTV INSIDER All rights reserved. The material may not be reproduced or distributed in any form without a licensing agreement from HDTV Insider. The content is based upon information provided to the editor, which is believed to be reliable. HDTV Insider is not responsible for errors or omissions. This newsletter is e-mailed to the consumer electronics industry by annual paid subscription license available at www.hdtvinsider.com.
KenH said this guy is for real, maybe he (Gary) would like to respond now???? I guess the quote from Wright is true. "Conan will be broadcast in HD".... that's all he said. Merson said in December. George Thompson who sounds like he works for NBC, NY says next fall if we are lucky.

No NBC flames tonight because of their coup with Faith Hill, but if Wright really meant a year away, that was a very misleading press release. Regardless of Merson's 2 cents, which seems like a rumor now....so much for the facts, Gary.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Gary,

Like I said, Conan is taping in 601 but the studio is capable of HD and has been used in house for HD presentations. HD edit suites are under construction and may be ready in the spring, (major project). Unless they go outside to edit, or decide to go unedited (not likely) December is not feasable. But, hey, you never know. Stranger things have happened.

I am not a spokesmen for the network. But over the past 20 years I have designed almost every type of facility at 30 Rock. I play with computers and networks for Network Operations these days.

Bucause I get phone calls when I post, Email me if you would like to chat or stop by.

GT

WB9YRR

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
An NBC exec, I can't remember who, said Conan would be in HD beginning in Dec 2002. Based on this, it should be soon. It could slip to Jan but it should be soon.

Rick R

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.