AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the audio setup with minimal background knowledge. Recently after I moved to a new apartment, I began to setup a Karaoke system at home that I've wanted for a long time. However, in my setup, I encountered an issue about the audio latency from the mic to the speaker output that totally ruined the singing experience. I've done some research, but could not resolved issue. So I have no choice but to come here for help.

I will try my best to describe the setup, but since I am new to this area, the terms that I use may not be completely accurate.

The setup is centered around a Karaoke machine and a Bose Soundbar 700 that only takes digital audio input (Optical/HDMI ARC). A mixer is used to mix the audio output from the Karaoke machine and a wireless mic system. The mixer outputs stereo RCA signal, which is passed to an analog-to-digital converter to adapt the signal to the Optical output. The Bose Soundbar 700 takes the signal and plays the sound.

The audio delay is really significant. I could hardly enjoy the singing experience because of the delay.

To fix it, first I tried to identify the source of the delay. Through some hacks, I verified that the delay is caused either by the analog-to-digital converter or the Bose Soundbar 700.

The ADC converter is a low-cost Musou converter purchased from Amazon. Later, I found another buyer of this product complaining about the audio delay as well. Hence, I would like to buy a different ADC converter that has lower latency. However, I could NOT find any specification about the delay on the ADC converters. If you guys have any suggestion on the low latency ADC converter, I would really appreciate it.

Of course, there is also a chance that the Bose soundbar is adding to the latency, but I would like to investigate the ADC converter first and pray that the problem would be solved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
tweak settings on soundbar

I have a museo analog to digital converter too & faced a similar lag problem with my karaoke system audio feeding into my sonos soundbar.

Long story short, after a lot of reading online, I grew increasingly frustrated & disillusioned at my seemingly insurmountable situation. So I sat down, meditated & reflected on life.

And came to the embarrassing realization that a while ago, I set my Sonos up with an audio lag so that the dialog would sync up with my TV visual (

1 - 2 of 2 Posts