AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a e-mail that I got from Hitachi asking for their newest catalog, laugh along with me on what they sent!What a bunch of jerks did they really think I was gnig to swallow it all?

Saved message

From: [email protected] Date: Mon, May 21, 2001, 8:09pm (EDT-1) To: [email protected] Subject: RE: Hitachi Support 2002 Digital Televisons TV ] [T20010521003B]

Dear G. G.,

Thank you for visiting our website.

The 2002 models will not be available until 2002. Until that time, catalogs about them will not be available, nor will they be on the website. Â* The reason the 1999-2001 models are on the website is that they are still available. No changes have been made to the digital 36 inch 2001 model. I have listed it below.

Here are the specifications for our new model 36SDX01S:

PICTURE

- 800 Lines TV Resolution

- SVGA 800X600 Lines Computer Resolution

- Exclusive Hitachi Flex Converter provides:

- 1080I HDTV Capable (with Set-Top Box)

- Full Time Progressive Scan (480P)

- Ultra Black Picture Tube

- Digital 3D Y/C Comb Filter

- Advanced Velocity Scan Modulation

- Dynamic Focus

SOUND

- MTS Stereo / SAP w/dbx

- SRS Surround Sound

- 10-Watt Front Firing Speaker System

- BBE Sound Clarity Enhancer

- Dynamic Bass

- Volume Correction

- Loudness

- Auto Noise Canceler

CONVENIENCE

- Advanced PIPC Picture in PC

- Genius MMV Illuminated Universal Remote Control with Mouse Control

- UltraTEC Bit-Map On Screen Display

- 181 Channel Tuner w/Auto Programming

- Closed Caption Decoder

- Front Panel Menu Controls

- Favorite Channel

- Power Resume

- Channel ID/Video ID

- 4 Event On/Off Channel Timer

- Child Lock

Â*Â*Â*Â*- Channel Lock/Video Lock/Quick Lock

Â*Â*Â*Â*- TV Time Out

Â*Â*Â*Â*- Front Panel Lock Out

- Sleep Timer (15 to 180 Minutes)

- Special Event Reminder

- Commercial Skip

- Auto Link

SPECIFICATIONS

- A/V Inputs (Rear/Front) Â* 2/1

- S-Video Inputs (Rear/Front) Â* 2/1

- RGB/PC Input (15 Pin D-Sub) (Rear/Front) Â* 1/1

- HD Component Video Inputs Â* 1 set

- R/F Input Â* 1

- A/V Output Â* 1

- Variable Audio Output Â* 1

- PS2 Mouse Output Â* 1

CABINET

- Silver

- Height Â* 29-9/32"

- Width Â* 34-13/16"

- Depth Â* 24-13/32"

- Weight Â* 161 lbs.

- Optional Accessories

Â*Â*Â*TV Stand SP364B

MSRP: $2199.95

All specifications, weights, and dimensions are subject to change without prior notice.

If there is anything else we can help you with or answer, please feel free to contact us here by e-mail or our support number at 1-800-HITACHI. We do thank you for your interest in Hitachi products.

Melissa

Hitachi Home Electronics www.Hitachi.com

-----Original Message-----

FIRSTNAME: G.

LASTNAME: G.

EMAIL: [email protected]

PHONE: N/A

SUBJECT: 2002 Digital Televisons

CATEGORY: TV

QUESTION: I would like to know what you have for sale for 2002 I have already got catalogs from other companies. Your Digital 36 inch TV seems to fit my all of my requirements. I first read about you in Sounds and Visions Magazine. Why you still have 1999 & 2000 models on your site. I reloaded your page but only the old 2000 sets came up. I already have 2002 catalogs form Mitsubishi so your website needs to be updated.

What I want to know is what changes have you made to your Digital ready 36 inch with the 2 component inputs and 2 V.G.A inputs. I would want this to double as my DVD widescreen and as my future computer monitor. Please e-mail me the latest information I want. Please update your website for others TIA, GiGi766

------------------

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They have already changed the Component Inputs from on to two! Yet they don't state that look in Sounds & Visons Magazine they have it listed as having 2 component video inputs. You people think Hitachi is so great, why do they STILL have 1999 sets for sale?

They said so in the e-mail reply.

I have already told you about the 2002 Mitsubishi Catalog I received Black in colr versus the red in color 2001 catalog. Hitachi is trying to sell the year 2000 plus their made in the last century 1999 TV sets. But this is June 2001 within 4 days anyway.

Hitachi to me is a joke I wouldn't buy off these people if they gave it to me. Who wants to buy made in the last century TV sets, they are trying to pull a fast one Why?

------------------

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear forum members here is the complete mail trace of the Hitachi e-mail. I will put on as proof the e-mail originated from Hitachi, not my self for a webtv user, I could not have come up with all the correct mail points.

You will note their is another dot.com handling this for Hitachi they couldn't even do it themselves! Here fellow forum members is the full Mail trace routing for Hitachi.

They are even to lazy to send out their own mail that's why they still have 1999 last century TV sets for sale yet Take it as you see it Hitachi is running a bit behind in the digital HDTV market In My Opinion.

Saved message

From: [email protected] (GiGi) Date: Mon, May 21, 2001, 11:32pm To: [email protected] Subject: (no subject)

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=A7?=

Message-ID: <[email protected]>

Content-Type: Multipart/Mixed; Boundary=WebTV-Mail-21586-2023

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit

MIME-Version: 1.0 (WebTV)

--WebTV-Mail-21586-2023

Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII

--WebTV-Mail-21586-2023

Content-Disposition: Inline

Content-Type: Message/RFC822

Received: from smtpin-102-7.bryant.webtv.net (209.240.198.44) by

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*storefull-177.iap.bryant.webtv.net with WTV-SMTP; Mon, 21 May 2001

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*18:11:34 -0700 (PDT)

Received: by smtpin-102-7.bryant.webtv.net (WebTV_Postfix+sws) id 447A614A;

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Mon, 21 May 2001 18:09:45 -0700 (PDT)

Delivered-To: [email protected]

Received: from charlie.ruppman.com (mail1.ruppman.com [12.20.72.19]) by

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*smtpin-102-7.bryant.webtv.net (WebTV_Postfix+sws) with ESMTP id

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*759062F1 for <[email protected]>; Mon, 21 May 2001 18:09:25 -0700 (PDT)

Received: from hhea.hitachi.com (sleipnir [172.16.152.25]) by

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*charlie.ruppman.com with SMTP (8.9.3 (PHNE_18546)/8.7.1) id

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*UAA01055 for <[email protected]>; Mon, 21 May 2001 20:09:24 -0500 (CDT)

Received: from mezzo.ruppman.com (IDENT:[email protected][172.16.156.32]) by

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*charlie.ruppman.com with ESMTP (8.9.3 (PHNE_18546)/8.7.1) id

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*UAA01033 for <[email protected]>; Mon, 21 May 2001 20:09:23

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*-0500 (CDT)

Received: from hero.ruppman.com (hero [172.16.152.18]) by mezzo.ruppman.com

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*(8.8.7/8.8.4) with ESMTP id TAA12762 for <[email protected]>;

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Mon, 21 May 2001 19:46:48 -0500

Received: by hero with Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19) id <J7PQ323R>;

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Mon, 21 May 2001 20:09:03 -0500

Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 20:09:02 -0500

Subject: RE: Hitachi Support 2002 Digital Televisons TV ] [T20010521003B]

To: [email protected]

Message-ID: <[email protected]>

MIME-Version: 1.0

X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2653.19)

Content-Type: text/plain

X-UIDL: cfb244e60d37c63f3796b363578353ea

Dear G. C.,

Thank you for visiting our website.

The 2002 models will not be available until 2002. Until that time, catalogs about them will not be available, nor will they be on the website. The reason the 1999-2001 models are on the website is that they are still available.

SNIPPED---------------------------

CUSTSUPPORT: SEND TO HITACHI

--WebTV-Mail-21586-2023--

------------------

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't believe it, I give you factual proof that Hitchi is still selling made in the last century 1999 Television sets. I have done a full mail trace validifying it's authenticity. No one cares to respond to articles, C'mon guys I can't believe that just because I am a woman that you would pass this buy especially if your getting ready to buy a HDTV off of Hitachi, that it may have been made 2 years ago. It will be worth less when you go to sell it.

I think I deserve one response to have the guts to go up against such a big company. Report the true facts of this Company. In my opinion not many of you would even have guts to do this. But I do I stand by my facts received from Hitach including the the mail trace. LASSY

------------------

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well Mister Groom you have shown The AVS forum your true colors. I being a former order clerk in the shipping office of Two Guys Electronics part of the store. I 'vowed' never to go along with a company shipping out more than 1 years product. Hitachi has 3 products years: 1999,2000, AND 2001.

Attention every one Mister Tim Groom is 'for' your receiving as a 'new' TV set based on the 2002 year Manufacturer Retail Suggested Price (MRSP). Mister Groom you will agree that the 1999 sets are made & are just sitting on a warehouse floor.

For one such as me or any other American Citizen to be taken 'in'. Paying Top Dollar for a 'new' set that is already 3 years out of date is pathetic!

------------------

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Mister Groom you have shown The AVS forum your true colors. I being a former order clerk in the shipping office of Two Guys Electronics part of the store. I 'vowed' never to go along with a company shipping out more than 1 years product. Hitachi has 3 products years: 1999,2000, AND 2001.

Attention every one Mister Tim Groom is 'for' your receiving as a 'new' TV set based on the 2002 year Manufacturer Retail Suggested Price (MRSP). Mister Groom you will agree that the 1999 sets are made & are just sitting on a warehouse floor.

For one such as me or any other American Citizen to be taken 'in'. Paying Top Dollar for a 'new' set that is already 3 years out of date is pathetic!

------------------

·
Registered
286 Posts
I knew I should have stayed away from this flame bait. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif If they haven't changed the models since 99' there is no reason to change the website. That doesn't necessarily mean they are selling tvs made in 1999. I don't see how this in any way reflects that they have a huge warehouse full of tv's manufactured in "..the last century." How are you figuring they have models made in 1999 in a warehouse? As far as me knowing if they have 1999 models in a warehouse, how the hell would I know? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/confused.gif

Tim

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mister Groom before I would post this type of material a former order clerk like would know just the right questions to ask don't you agree?

If you were to ask you something that your very familar with wouldn't you know 'exactly' what to ask in a same amount of questions? If your question is not answered than being what your very familiar with is not in your knowledge capacity as mine is that of shipping order clerk. In my topic post I said that Hitachi SAID there are 1999 TV sets still for sale.

Do you need glasses Mr. Groom, if so get them, before you buy your next multi-thousand dollar TV purchase. Other wise you might end up with a 3 year old (new) set sitting in a warehouse on pallets with orders to ship, like I was given period.

Stop responding Mister Groom although a 'man' your just not making points with a woman who knows what she is talking about.

In the shipping business not all women are secretaries, I am a straight woman doing a job meant for either sex.

Mister Groom, your just out of your league on this issue!

------------------

·
Registered
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TGroom:
I knew I should have stayed away from this flame bait. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif If they haven't changed the models since 99' there is no reason to change the website.

Tim
Don't feel bad Tim. Lassy seems to have a chip on her shoulder - take a peek at the Home Theatre Computer forum. She had a hissy fit at Kei for calling her a "Him" while she made the same innocent mistake and assumed that Kei was a man as well. This was when Kei was trying to be constructive and help her.

Lassy,

Please try to keep in mind that this isn't a typical usenet news group. Most of the members go out of thier way to help others. The reason why you didn't get any responses quite possibly were because of your prior over-the-top posts.

Before you flame me too , I'm offering this as constructive criticism. You might want to reference the FAQ to see why we have many industry professionals spending their time here and actually contributing instead of just lurking about.

BTW - I agree with your initial point about Hitachi's information .

Any luck deciding what model TV you wanted? If you're still against the Dirct View models you might want to look at the 45inch Mitsubishi. So far they are the only manufacturer who has announced their guarantee their future compatibility with their "Promise" module. They also announced a HiDef VCR that will work with the new firewire interface.

Some of the HTPC guys have the model so you should have better luck getting useful information to hook up a PC to it.

[This message has been edited by Dan Bither (edited 05-23-2001).]

·
Registered
164 Posts
lassy and TGroom - can't we just all get along? Hitachi is not trying to fool anybody. Their website is very clear on what models are 1999, 2000, 2001. It's not 2002 so it seems reasonable not to have a catalog for those yet. If you want to buy a 1999 at a good price you can -- If you want to buy a 2000 or 2001, so be it - go out and shop with the knowledge of what you're buying. Lots of good information on this site and other manufacturer's sites. There are many websites that have comparisons of features and leads to the best prices on the street. I've had nothing but good experiences with Hitachi - I own a 60SDX88B (It's a 1999 model - you can buy one for about a $1000 less than I paid for in 1999)- still as good as anything available as far as I'm concerned - great picture and reliability. Don't get mad at Hitachi for selling (to those who want them) 1999 and 2000 models - as long as they are up front with the information regarding what year they were manufacture (as they are on their website) -- it's good for the consumer to have options...

Best to you both and good hunting for the TV you want!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dan that was a nice post, you say you agreed with my topic post. That was a warning to all future buyers of Hitachi. That Hitachi will sell you up to a 3 year old model, at the current M.S.R.P., not a good way to 'fool' the home folks.

Dan if one of you told me not to buy a certain companies TV set for the same reason, I a former order clerk would be pleased with yu sharing important information.

Mister Groom on the other hand started out with me on the wrong foot by saying "Okay I'll bite". Does he think all women as fish to be reeled in?

I am 'just' one of the members who posts and responds. I won't take the degrading and offensive reponse from Mr. Groom. The women of today don't like the wording he used.

I told him so, but the man? Had to call upon 2 of his buddies to run shotgun for him against a 5 foot 2 inch woman. How unmanly of him to do it that way. You want me to call on two of my 'type' of friends to come up and back me up.

Believe after the smoke has cleared their won't be many forums going, no threat Dan. But this is just what Mr. Groom has pulled. He can't lose an argument to a lowly woman from his G..'s gift to women stance.

We don't take this 'macho crap' anymore, so leave it out of a forum. Dan please tell Mr. Broom that for me won't you. lassy

------------------

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
"Mister Groom on the other hand started out with me on the wrong foot by saying "Okay I'll bite". Does he think all women as fish to be reeled in?

I am 'just' one of the members who posts and responds. I won't take the degrading and offensive reponse from Mr. Groom. The women of today don't like the wording he used.

I told him so, but the man? Had to call upon 2 of his buddies to run shotgun for him against a 5 foot 2 inch woman. How unmanly of him to do it that way. You want me to call on two of my 'type' of friends to come up and back me up.

Believe after the smoke has cleared their won't be many forums going, no threat Dan. But this is just what Mr. Groom has pulled. He can't lose an argument to a lowly woman from his G..'s gift to women stance.

We don't take this 'macho crap' anymore, so leave it out of a forum. Dan please tell Mr. Broom that for me won't you."

Tim wasn't patronizing you whatsoever - disagreeing with someone is not the same as insulting someone, although it appears that you've taken it that way.

This type of language and phrasing is not appreciated nor tolerated very well on this forum, lassy. While I in no way set the rules or tone for this forum, I've been around long enough to know these type of posts (as well as the poster) don't hang around very long, voluntarily or otherwise.

------------------
BOYCOTT DVI/HDCP & JVC!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
C'mon DLB Are you fresh out of High School? All manufacturers sell the next year model this year look at Mitsubishi. They will sell their 2002 models come July. If you want to be so stupid your first 10 posts be my guest.

DLB put your thinking cap on before posting a reponse. I am not fresh out of H.S. I know better than to make a newbie post that you addressed both of us like we were fighting like street kids. We had a difference of opinion, that's all. If I thought differently I would bring 2 other members of the Nation Organization of Women in here to back me up.

You think I am bad well they are worse, so button up DLB. Go get more stars, but not through me!

------------------

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mr. Keller I can cut, copy, and paste too just like this.

"Tim wasn't patronizing you whatsoever - disagreeing with someone is not the same as insulting someone, although it appears that you've taken it that way.

This type of language and phrasing is not appreciated nor tolerated very well on this forum, lassy. While I in no way set the rules or tone for this forum, I've been around long enough to know these type of posts (as well as the poster) don't hang around very long, voluntarily or otherwise."

Mr. Keller your out of line, please stop before I get a couple of my N.O.W. friends to start backing up 'each' one of my posts up as it can be done easily.

Let's start acting as equals, as mature men and women on the subject of HDTV, Notice Mr. Keller I said 'please'. lassy

------------------

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
"Mr. Keller your out of line, please stop before I get a couple of my N.O.W. friends to start backing up 'each' one of my posts up as it can be done easily.

Let's start acting as equals, as mature men and women on the subject of HDTV, Notice Mr. Keller I said 'please'. lassy'

You can start by being polite - it works wonders. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
BOYCOTT DVI/HDCP & JVC!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Tim this company is supposed to be a hot company I was interested in buying their 2002 model. But now that I know their backlogged with unsold 1999 sets. If I were a wary AVS forum member, I would think twice before buying a supposed 2001 model. When they would probably ship a already made 1999

model.

I was a former order clerk

at 2 Guys Electronics for 4 years. Our orders were no matter what the customer wanted we were to ship out the 'earliest' year model. model.

------------------

·
Registered
286 Posts
Well, first of all calm down. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif I don't know of many people who buy direct from the company website, or if you even can. So you will more than likely be buying from a distributer, so I don't know what difference it makes what years model they show on their website. There could have been a typo in either the magazine or the website explaining the difference in comp. inputs. I don't understand the hostility toward this particular company unless you have an axe to grind for something. Stores will always ship out the oldest product first, given it is exactly the same as a newer manufactured model, it is that way with everything.

Tim

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Alrighty ladies and gentlemen,

I've been a long time lurker on AVS forum. I've admired the insight and technical expertise that this forum can offer. But I've also been exasperated by the inane, flame-baiting comments some of the members have made in the past. Does everyone remember Bob U's agenda-driven posts about a modulation scheme that shall remain nameless? Well, it seems peculiar to me that lassy started posting shortly after our old pal Bob was banned.

Now there exists the very real possibility that lassy is just an innocent who wants help researching a home theater and is unwilling to use this forum's very useful 'search' function. The grammatical errors and tremendous displays of illogic may only be coincidentally similar to Bob's. But why does lassy refer to herself as a feminist with a chip on her shoulder when she not once but twice referred to herself as a differentially-abled man in this thread? http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum12/HTML/010233.html

Riddle me that, Batman!

Jim G

PS Lassy, if you really are making a good faith effort to research HDTV's, for the love of God please use the spell checker. Someone spent a lot of time developing it and it works pretty well.

------------------

Let me get this straight, this show is hi-def and 5.1, but my local affiliate makes it crappy NTSC and mono?!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.