AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Seleco SIM2 HT200DM projector, running version 1.17DM of the firmware. What's the latest version of the firmware? And what's changed in it?

I'm really unhappy with the SIM2 tech support. I emailed '[email protected]' about some problems I was having with my projector, and their response was to send me a form I could fax in to request an RMA to send the unit in for service. They didn't even give me suggestions for how to troubleshoot the problem, nor did they answer when I asked whether they or I would be paying for the service!

I emailed tech support several times to request the latest version of the firmware, so I could see whether that would have any effect on the problems, but I never got any response from them. This is *not* the kind of support I want to have for an expensive high-end projector.

For what it's worth, the problems I'm hitting are:

- the picture flips when there's a sudden dark-light transition, and I'm not sure whether this is a problem with the projector or the receiver

- the projector appears to crash (it displays random garbage and becomes unresponsive) sometimes when it 'sees' an infrared signal meant for another component, and I have to flip the power switch off and on again to reset it

·
Registered
322 Posts
Try calling them on the phone. Seleco has one of the best tech dept I have ever dealt with(on the phone, not by email). 1-888-695-3113

·
Registered
704 Posts
Brian

The latest version for the HT200DM is 1.20.

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
I agree with Erik, Sim2 has the best support of any projector manufacturer. Their 800# is free, there is no reason not to call them. Sometimes E-mail is not the best method of communication.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! I called that number and got right through to someone who emailed the firmware update right out to me and answered all the questions I could think up. That's great tech support, much better than the email support! Thank you for the pointer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.