AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I wonder how closely this will be linked to the Thomson manufactured BSkyB HD MPEG4 PVR being launched for Sky HD in the UK. (This is a development of the UK Sky + SD MPEG2 PVR that we've had for a few years.)

Sadly we didn't get a DirecTivo equivalent in the UK - only a short-lived (but much loved by those who own one) Series 1 stand-alone Tivo made by Thomson (again!)

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm wondering what is going on as well. With the local HD stations scheduled to go live soon (Nov or so) I'd like to be able to expect to be able to record them. I'm moving in October to an area about 30 miles further from NY so I may not receive OTA HD as well as my current location (currently 25 miles mostly over water). It would be a relief to know that I was taken care of and could avoid installing a fancy OTA antenna for WPIX & WOR (since the others are already on the national feed). Hrm - can I justify an OTA antenna just for Smallville?

-Greg

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Keenan posted in the programming forum this link.

http://www.nds.com/personal_tv/personal_tv.html

At the bottom of the page, it states, "During 2005-2006, XTV will begin powering the PVR offerings of other leading operators including US-based DIRECTV, Sky New Zealand, and Scandinavia's VIASAT."

I guess we have our answer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.