1 - 20 of 1395 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
778 Posts
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but their pricing is interesting. The LSP12 is $338.46. That's very exact.

Their pricing structure seems reasonable. They present themselves as being fairly established with online rep(s) available for chat and all. However, Google seems to say otherwise from what I could gather. It would be interesting if they would participate here at AVSforum.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Those subs look a lot like the old M&K subs.

·
Registered
778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac /forum/post/19173476

I find this, from their About page, amusing:
We are able to give you the same quality products that are installed in million dollar homes at roughly half the cost because WE ARE THE MANUFACTURER.
I guess if your paying the mortgage on a $1M home, you can't afford a better sub.

Don't settle for a no-name brand of speaker...
Yep. Lava Subs is a household name.

...Our latest models represent an evolution and refinement by our engineers over the past 10 years of product development.

It took their engineers 10 years to come up with an 8", 10", and 12" sub? This is their complete portfolio of products.

Coming soon to a gas station near you. Look for our white van distribution centers.

If you look up their phone number, you'll find other 'companies' use it as well. I would stay away from these guys. Something very suspicious about them.

lol, nice! There would be something humorous to getting burned by Lava.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
I see two possible scenarios with these guys.

Scenario 1:

You contact them and they are the friendliest, most helpful people. So you buy the sub. Of course they talk you into getting the 12".

What you receive, 31 days later, is a cheap POS with a $7 driver, $20 Amp, and an IKEA box that weighs 14 pounds.

You don't even hook it up. You call them and a guy with an Eastern European accent answers the phone.

Voice on phone: Hello, my name is Peggy. How may I help you.

You: I purchased one of your subs and I want to take advantage of the 30 day, no questions asked, return policy. How does this work?

Peggy: We show you purchased this 31 days ago, so it is past the return date. Thank you for your business. Click.

You: I should have bought the MFW-15.

Scenario 2:

You receive the sub in 7 days only to find it is a POS. Call CS and a woman that sounds like Dr. Girlfriend answers.

Voice on phone: Hello, my name is Peggy. How may I help you?

You: I need to return this sub. How do I do this?

Peggy: I will give you an RMA and a freight call ticket for our shipper. You call them and tell them when to come pick up. There will be a $50 packing charge and the return shipping is $175.

You: You are going to charge me $225 to return the sub? I will pack it myself and use my own shipper.

Peggy: I'm sorry, but we cannot accept returns unless they are properly packaged by our trained professionals and shipped by our highly skilled freight company. We wouldn't want to have the product damaged in transit.

You: Stunned silence.....

Peggy: And I forgot to mention that we charge a $75 restocking fee. So your total is $300. After we receive the sub and determine you have not damaged it, we will credit your account for $38.46. That credit should show in about 60 days. You can use the credit on future purchases. Thank you for your business. Click.

·
Registered
778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac /forum/post/19173998

Scenario 1:

You contact them and they are the friendliest, most helpful people. So you buy the sub. Of course they talk you into getting the 12".

What you receive, 31 days later, is a cheap POS with a $7 driver, $20 Amp, and an IKEA box that weighs 14 pounds.

You don't even hook it up. You call them and a guy with an Eastern European accent answers the phone.

You: I purchased one of your subs and I want to take advantage of the 30 day, no questions asked, return policy. How does this work?

Peggy: We show you purchased this 31 days ago, so it is past the return date. Thank you for your business. Click.

Scenario 2:

You receive the sub in 7 days only to find it is a POS. Call CS and a woman that sounds like Dr. Girlfriend answers.

Peggy: I will give you an RMA and a freight call ticket for our shipper. You call them and tell them when to come pick up. There will be a $50 packing charge and the return shipping is $175.

You: You are going to charge me $225 to return the sub? I will pack it myself and use my own shipper.

Peggy: I'm sorry, but we cannot accept returns unless they are properly packaged by our trained professionals and shipped buy our highly skilled freight company. We wouldn't want to have the product damaged in transit.

Peggy: And I forgot to mention that we charge a $75 restocking fee. So your total is $300. After we receive the sub and determine you have not damaged it, we will credit your account for $38.46. That credit should show in about 60 days. You can use the credit on future purchases. Thank you for your business. Click.

I may be mistaken, but you sound pessimistic.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraxoin /forum/post/19174124

I may be mistaken, but you sound pessimistic.

What gave you that idea? Was it the reference to a TV commercial (Discover Card/Peggy), the not-for-children cartoon (Venture Bros./Dr. Girlfriend), the common scam (Craig's List/I'll send my shipper), or the I-made-a-big-mistake (multiple threads on this forum/MFW-15 (twice))?

·
Registered
778 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac /forum/post/19174146

What gave you that idea? Was it the reference to a TV commercial (Discover Card/Peggy), the not-for-children cartoon (Venture Bros./Dr. Girlfriend), the common scam (Craig's List/I'll send my shipper), or the I-made-a-big-mistake (multiple threads on this forum/MFW-15 (twice))?

Frankly, it was the tone of your voice.

·
Registered
701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac /forum/post/19173998

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Peggy: I'm sorry, but we cannot accept returns unless they are properly packaged by our trained professionals and shipped buy our highly skilled freight company. We wouldn't want to have the product damaged in transit.

That was funny as hell, thanks for the great laugh to start my day!!

·
Registered
4,394 Posts
Lava Subs or Lava Lamps, who made what?

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Your first clue that they suck is they compare their subs to Polk subs.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey I am Eric with Lava Subs

I hope this was an invite to jump in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraxoin /forum/post/19173263

It would be interesting if they would participate here at AVSforum.

I feel a little honored to get our own thread! As for our white vans, instead of selling from them, we choose to live out of them...DOWN BY THE RIVER! (I hope you got the Chris Farley reference there.)

I have to admit, the scenarios are pretty funny (props) but we have never outsourced our customer service! We would love to hear from anyone either by our chat or our phone number. With our 30 day in home guarantee, the policy is if you don't like it, WE pay for the return shipping (I doubt you'll ever have to find that out though)! Being the manufacture, we control everything from start to finish!

Dollar for dollar we provide the best subwoofer in our price market while providing excellent customer service!

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Welcome to AVS, Eric.

As you have read so far, I hope you have, or can develop, a thick skin. You've already demonstrated a sense of humor. Good, you'll need that also.

We don't make or break any company, but there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum, myself excluded. They won't let you get away with any BS, especially from an OEM Rep. Choose your words and claims carefully.

I suggest you add a signature to your profile so each of your posts show your name and that you work for Lava Subs. A name alone doesn't make this clear.

Enjoy your time here. It will be good to get another budget sub to recommend. There are many that come here wanting to spend no more than a few hundred dollars. Hopefully, some members will try your products and be able to vouch for them.

Remember, you can't market here. You can ask and answer questions, but no blatant sales pitches. I also hope you become a paid member.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavasubs /forum/post/19178590

Hey I am Eric with Lava Subs

I hope this was an invite to jump in here.

I feel a little honored to get our own thread! As for our white vans, instead of selling from them, we choose to live out of them...DOWN BY THE RIVER! (I hope you got the Chris Farley reference there.)

I have to admit, the scenarios are pretty funny (props) but we have never outsourced our customer service! We would love to hear from anyone either by our chat or our phone number. With our 30 day in home guarantee, the policy is if you don't like it, WE pay for the return shipping (I doubt you'll ever have to find that out though)! Being the manufacture, we control everything from start to finish!

Dollar for dollar we provide the best subwoofer in our price market while providing excellent customer service!

I would suggest that you compare your subs to some of the other favorite ID brands on your website. Most of the ones you presently compare it to are real stinkeroos!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey all,

I really appreciate the feedback and look forward to being an active member of the forum.

1 - 20 of 1395 Posts