AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
My vote goes for two NSW6021. I have two (sealed) and they sound awesome. Even though the mid-bass is very close, the low end is not. Around 3db's difference. They cost more but are worth it, specially when you're using only two. The NSW and Ipal are the best 21" pro-drivers in the market right now.
When you say the low end is not... are you talking output capability or frequency response un-eq'd? They are not the same.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Call Al at US SPEAKER, tell him you want four and what can he do for you.
You might get him down $50 bucks a driver.

As someone who was just about to order 4 LaVoce 21s for the 4 Dev's... You've got me thinking if I should just go for NSWs. Although the NSWs end up costing about double when buying four for me.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The NSW is much more forgiving in smaller boxes than most (all?) pro subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
He’s a troll. Google his username at AVS and he’s asked the same question for some years now!

Just skimmed through several threads and posts from gopala and he is most definitely a troll

Looks like he took Scott Simonian for quite a ride.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
2 NSW 6021's will have the same advantage over 2 Lavoce 21 as 1 to 1. But as Chris pointed out, if you're not space limited, then 4 Lavoce 21s will definitely best 2 NSW6021 for a small amount more money.
I am very space limited. To the tune of inches.
I am going to get the 6021’s. Buy it right once.
Should I wait until Black Friday from Parts Express? Or should I call Al at US Speaker? Or...

Reactions: Gorilla Killa

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
To be honest, I haven't noticed any sales on the Eminence or b&c subs. You would be better off calling US Speaker as suggested by Gorilla Killa.

Reactions: Gorilla Killa

·
Registered
466 Posts
Also, it needs to be well understood that virtually all of the pro-drivers will need some eq to make them flat. This is a different game than the days of throwing a driver in a box and calling it done. There will be a few guys with great room gain and specific alignments that may do ok but that's going to be a huge huge minority. It's a side effect of the very strong motor. B&C had a great video about TS parameters and touches on this, suggesting that to not add boost to make flat is silly, almost as silly as using a smaller motor driver to go deeper without boost. High BL motors will roll off earlier in a given box size. Grab a drink and watch this vid:

ohh need use EQ make flat but i am not familiar EQ because last time my kicker comp 15 8 ohm i did use EQ look seen boost and seen not clean i don't like boost EQ bass
i think no good Pro driver

It goes round and round. 4 Lavoce cost $2000. 3 eminence for $2250. Is the $250 worth the extra space.
ohh yah i see Lavoce cheaper then eminence but eminence is 6 ohm not easy drive amp will hot and need 4ohm load to get easy drive less heat
i think each 2x woofer per enclosure
so Left corner enclosure stand 2x woofer + right corner enclosure stand 2x woofer
wow crazy 4x woofer will get crazy loud bass my room indoor small
but i really need low end output deep bass imported
but i am not familiar EQ

·
Registered
739 Posts
I got mine at tsgaudio for less than $700 each, shipped. There are a few sellers at Ebay with $749 per sub but have a best offer option. You should be able to get them at $700 or even a little less per driver.
Chris, I got the numbers from databass, both subs tested in the same size box. Below 31.5, the NSW is 3db's or a little better than the Lavoce. That would be total output.

·
Registered
466 Posts
You're not going to get flat response indoors w/o EQ
daam sorry i am noob use EQ because i don't want Boost bass

He’s a troll. Google his username at AVS and he’s asked the same question for some years now!
yes why i am troll please don't troll me very sad

Just skimmed through several threads and posts from gopala and he is most definitely a troll

Looks like he took Scott Simonian for quite a ride.
why called me troll i am very sad

why i always asking i haven't buy new sub i still use kicker comp 15inch 8ohm

i still need upgrade to get more SPL dual sub that i still finding

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Nope, nope, nope. I refuse to go down that road:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
Anyone ever notice the warranty differences as well? 3 year vs 7 years.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Is there a difference in warranty where you buy it MK?

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
Parts express has both 21s. Eminence has 7 year warranties. The other drivers vary by manufacturers. Dayton Audio has 5 years which is fantastic as well. Not sure if in stock as I did not check.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I’m sure there are going to be defective speakers but I’d have a hard time seeing anyone need to use the 7 year warranty on the NSW which is practically impossible to bottom out or over power.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah I agree I’d rather not be paying for a 7 year warranty baked into the price, especially if these are being used for home theaters and not club venues like they were designed for...

41 - 60 of 83 Posts