AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
19,562 Posts
Me too, it just happens to come with a good one. I have never been disappointed with an Eminence woofer.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Yea considering it’s competition, it’s very clear you aren’t paying for the warranty.

Compare the prices to similar sub drivers, the beast clearly out performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
You can order the eminence from parts-express and google for a "$50 off coupon over $250", but its better to order from GSG - they dont charge tax. :)

Reactions: SRSG and kevings

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
Aaron @ Sweetwater will always take a few bucks off the price too..and they always have 0% financing.

Reactions: BCRSS

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I am very space limited. To the tune of inches.
I am going to get the 6021’s. Buy it right once.
Should I wait until Black Friday from Parts Express? Or should I call Al at US Speaker? Or...
My man! You won’t be disappointed you did this. Get two. Then get two more, and move two of your UM’s into smallerish ported nearfield cabs. You are a bass head. Enjoy!

·
Registered
127 Posts
what are you putting them in?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
I’m going to put them in my 8 cu ft net cabs. I had a buddy model them, and he said they modeled well. If anyone has any suggestions for the future though, I would take them. In case I feel like building other boxes.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Will do!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
They look huge in person haha

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
Reactions: chadsmith013

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I’m going to try to mod my existing cabs. They are 8 cu ft after bracing, tuned to 18hz for the UM-18’s.
In order to fit the 21’s I just need to cut the opening a little wider. I’m planning on just measuring and then cutting with a jig saw. Any recommendations or something I’m not thinking of, please let me know.

Reactions: xb1032

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I’m going to try to mod my existing cabs. They are 8 cu ft after bracing, tuned to 18hz for the UM-18’s.
In order to fit the 21’s I just need to cut the opening a little wider. I’m planning on just measuring and then cutting with a jig saw. Any recommendations or something I’m not thinking of, please let me know.
Hopefully you have enough port area. The NSW will drive port velocity much higher than the UM, at least if driven hard.

Jared @Jk7.2 did the same, worked out well. He had to modify bracing as well.

If you want to get fancier and flush mount the 21’s, thats doable with a router. You will need to use a circle jig to cut templates, then use a template bit to cut the cabinet. This requires a double baffle, of course.

Chris

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Hopefully you have enough port area. The NSW will drive port velocity much higher than the UM, at least if driven hard.

Jared @Jk7.2 did the same, worked out well. He had to modify bracing as well.

If you want to get fancier and flush mount the 21’s, thats doable with a router. You will need to use a circle jig to cut templates, then use a template bit to cut the cabinet. This requires a double baffle, of course.

Chris
Yeah Chris, he and I have been talking. I am very excited to see why he thinks.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
If you insert a piece of a piece of wood long enough to stretch side to side you can screw it in on each side, measure and mark the center and drill a hole, then you can use that mark a circle to use your jig saw, router, or make use a router to flush mount.

61 - 80 of 188 Posts