AVS Forum banner

81 - 100 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
I also feel pics of my subs really don't do justice to how large they look in person.
Yah, its hard to describe how large it is in person and even when you put something in the pic for scale, it really doesnt come through. Lets use a feet (intended, hah!) analogy. If a 10" subwoofer is a normal man's shoe, and a 12" sub is a large man's shoe, the 21" is a clownfoot. Its just so large you have to laugh at it. That is most people's reactions when they see it.

·
Bass Enabler
21,640 Posts
Just skimmed through several threads and posts from gopala and he is most definitely a troll

Looks like he took Scott Simonian for quite a ride.
I knew what I was getting into. This place gets super boring without enough boomy boom boom. ;)

Looks like you fell prey to his nonsense too. :p

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
So I haven’t heard the LaVoce, but I’ve now heard the 2 NSW’s in my room. I can tell you that they are nice subs! They have slam, midbass, and all around great SQ. I would recommend them. Thanks again to Kevin from GSG.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice. Need to update your sig now! :)

Reactions: JMAX2016

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
So I haven’t heard the LaVoce, but I’ve now heard the 2 NSW’s in my room. I can tell you that they are nice subs! They have slam, midbass, and all around great SQ. I would recommend them. Thanks again to Kevin from GSG.
Don’t be afraid to really crank up the gains. I was, and I regret the 10 minutes I spent under driving mine!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I was thinking of pushing mass gains in the ULF just to see how bad I can shake the windows or make things walk but the wife starts to complain when I’m at -5db.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Where do you guys put the gians on the pro amps? Is it better to run them as low as possible and use singnal source to drive the volume like nortmal amps, or is there some benefit to keeping gains near max on the amp and turning down the input level?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Where do you guys put the gians on the pro amps? Is it better to run them as low as possible and use singnal source to drive the volume like nortmal amps, or is there some benefit to keeping gains near max on the amp and turning down the input level?
I mess with settings till I find the appropriate level. First find the max setting in the signal device or receiver then raise the gain volume on amp till you hit your goals on the subs.

I measure at lowest levels before I find my set volumes. DEQ will handle the movies that are suuuuuper bass heavy.

·
Registered
4,094 Posts
I mess with settings till I find the appropriate level. First find the max setting in the signal device or receiver then raise the gain volume on amp till you hit your goals on the subs.

I measure at lowest levels before I find my set volumes. DEQ will handle the movies that are suuuuuper bass heavy.

Do you use DEQ? What is your opinion about it?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I like the NSW’s so much, I just ordered two more. So that’ll be four NSW’s powered by Behringer 6000’s. I’m hoping this is near end game type bass. That would be awesome! I’m pumped.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
How much do you think I would gain? Right now, they will go in the 8 cu net boxes. I’m also wondering if the Behringers will be enough...

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Do you use DEQ? What is your opinion about it?
I’m mostly mixed, I don’t like it a lot because it can literally suck the life out of scene. But the family seems to appreciate it.

When I say it sucks the life out I mean you are expecting a wall rattling boom and it cuts the top end off enough so that it doesn’t give the wow you were expecting.

Eh I’m probably using it wrong though. I’m sure I could fix it somehow.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Looks like 13 cu. ft will give you a little more output down low (13 in blue, 8 in red). I did the sim based on 1100W with an 18Hz tune same box but a larger port with the 13 due to port velocity - If anyone thinks I have something off please speak up.

I'm curious how the NSW compares to the SAN. The NSW is highly praised as a better driver with more xmax and less distortion. I'm curious how the 2 drivers compare - when I sim them they look very similar (SAN 214.5 in green). When Red Five puts them in devastators they are typically in BMDs (Beast Mode Devastators which are huge) with about 2500 watts driven into them.

Attachments

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Good to know. If I need more low end, I can redo the boxes. Thanks for running that.

Reactions: xb1032

·
Premium Member
24,209 Posts
If you want to get fancier and flush mount the 21’s, thats doable with a router. You will need to use a circle jig to cut templates, then use a template bit to cut the cabinet.

Another possibility is to use a dado bit with the bearing diameter smaller than the cutter diameter.

Combining this with a template bit could also be used to expand the 18's cutout to the 21's.

Not sure how round the hole would stay after multiple iterations, but I suspect it would be acceptable.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
I’m laughing at how much bass these 4 NSW’s are giving off right now. Powered by the Sinbossen 20k. I walked up the street and you can hear it. It’s like pressurizing a car with bass. Except it’s my basement haha. Wow!

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I’m laughing at how much bass these 4 NSW’s are giving off right now. Powered by the Sinbossen 20k. I walked up the street and you can hear it. It’s like pressurizing a car with bass. Except it’s my basement haha. Wow!
Please, tell us more!

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
pics!!!

81 - 100 of 188 Posts