AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are getting the planning started on our room and need some layout help from all of you.

The room will be about a third of our detached garage and be 16x24 with 9ft ceilings. The plan is to have a dedicated theater, with the addition of 1 arcade machine and 1 pinball machine in the back or side.

Originally I was thinking screen on the 16' wall, two rows of seating and a small area in the back for the pinball and arcade machine. I would like to be able to get 6 or 7 people in there comfortably.

What do you all think? Any other ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
That should work fine.

You'll should mock up a floorplan to get a better idea of space.

Try Google sketchup or use Microsoft visio (if you have access to it)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I expect others will chime in on this in more detail, but one thing to think about is that 16 and 24 are both multiple of 8. That is, if your finished dimensions are really close to those dimensions you'll have a fair amount of number of nearly identical room resonances to deal with. Probably easiest solution would be to shorten down the room, adding an equipment closet or some space behind the screen for example.

Edit: some real quick and dirty calculations suggest that 19X16x9 or 17x24x9 would work better for the major resonances.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts