Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been projecting my X1 against a large beige colored wall for the last 6 months. I think it looks great, but I have a feeling a real screen will have my saying, "what was I thinking??".

I'd really appreciate if some of the knowledgable folks around here can point me in the right direction for a large, 16:9, manual pull-down screen. My budget is

Thanks much!

Chris

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Repaint the wall white or light grey. Take the other $1490 and apply it towards your next _______, take the wife and kids on vacation, you get the idea. Too many people get great results without the fancy screen. Can't see any reason to tie up that much treasure for a slightly better picture.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
paint the portion of the wall you're using white. Border with black.

Buy a screen if you want higher than 1 gain.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I tend to agree--if you've been happy with a beige wall that isn't perfectly flat, sanding it and painting it with the right paint will be a huge improvement for almost no money.

Another inexpensive alternative would be to make a simple frame and put screen material on it for about $120.

I'd go with the wall before I'd mess with a pulldown.

·
Registered
351 Posts
What are you thinking? You are willing to Buy a screen that is 1.5X than your PJ.

I agreed with derrick, go with a painted wall w/ border, then fixed screen before a pulldown. But if you really want/need a pulldown, I recommend da-lite Hi-Power model B w/CSR. In my case, I can't go with a fixed so my 80X60 pulldown da-lite cost me around $300. I would also recommend extra border on top of the screen so you have flexibility on vertical positioning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.