AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone with this Sharp Aquos has had any experience using a Blu-ray player with this unit.

Specifically, is there a significant difference between an upconverted DVD and a "?Downgraded ( to 720p, as is my understanding) " Blu-Ray? Apparently from the threads, the AVC box does not allow the full dimensions of BLu-Ray.

Any other info would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelous /forum/post/17013403

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone with this Sharp Aquos has had any experience using a Blu-ray player with this unit.

Specifically, is there a significant difference between an upconverted DVD and a "?Downgraded ( to 720p, as is my understanding) " Blu-Ray? Apparently from the threads, the AVC box does not allow the full dimensions of BLu-Ray.

Any other info would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

This sounds like an older model set that many of us may be unfamiliar with. It would be helpful if you posted it's native resolution, whether it has HDMI or DVI or just component inputs, and the maximum resolution the set will accept.

In general if the set will accept at least 720p and has HDMI or DVI with HDCP

the picture from BD discs will be noticeably better than from upconverted DVD.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I have this TV (actually 2 of them) and they have a native panel at 1080p, though the seperate box with the inputs will accept 1080i, not p. This is not an issue and you wont see a difference between i/p. It doesnt accept 24p but I doubt youll notice that.

Do NOT downconvert your BD players output to 720p-leave it at 1080i through HDMI or component and you will be very happy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you're feeling a bit "technical", the panel does accept a direct 1080p signal - but only 1080p if you bypass the AVC.

I have my LC45GX with a single DVI cable from a Gefen Home Theater Scaler, which scales everything to 1080p, and in the case of a 1080p BD will "pass through" the signal to the screen @ 1080p.

If you search +bypass +avc +sharp +1080p there's plenty of information. Have a look also at the LC45 FAQ .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.