AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had cable HDTV installed today and I have no cable to hook it up. I called the cable company early and asked them what the connections were and they thought it had a vga out. Apparently they don't know what they're talking about.

Anyway, the HD box only has component outputs, so I need a cable to connect from the box to the projector. This would be the same set up for going from a progressive scan dvd player.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where to get one and how much they cost. The sooner the better, because I can't check out the HD quality of the pj until I get the cables.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Look in your Panasonic manual. The 3 rca to vga cables are very hard to find and most likely you will have to order them online. However, you can go to a computer store locally and buy a rgb (vga) to 5 bnc cable and 3 bnc to male rca adapters. You only have to use the red,green and blue bnc cables. The black and gray you can ignore. The panasonic manual for the 75U shows the cable and mentions how to set it up. Just connect the rgb to the projector and the 3 bnc cables to the HDTV receiver and you should be all set. My Panasonic 75U is set up this way.

Good Luck,

Scott

·
Registered
159 Posts
SKoprowski,

How can you run the component to VGA input and no sync?

does the projecter have a component in the 15pin plug.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Component puts all the sync on the green (SOG). So all you have to do is hook up the red, blue and green rca plugs to the progressive dvd and then connect the 15pin plug to the 75U. The 75U will recognize the input as progressive. The cool thing about the 75U is that you can have 2 rgb inputs so, for example,you can have rgb1 accept a component in and rgb 2 accepts a HTPC. That is what I am doing.

Scott

·
Registered
159 Posts
Do you think all units "CRT monitor DLP ect."would do the same or just the 75U? Cause if yes, then whay all the adaptors or transcoders.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I think most CRTs only accept 5 bnc- so you would need an adapter to split the seperate H and V sync signals from the green component out from the dvd player. Just a guess, I don't have experience with CRTs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the cables today and everything works great. The HD looks awesome. I'm recieving 720p and also have the video still hooked up and the difference is amazing.

Thanks for the info. That was a lot better than spending 100 bucks for a cable!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.