AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
question, can the LCD panels of a projector be alligned. the reason I ask is because when i get up close to my screen and look i can see red and blue outlines around each pixel. It looks like they are off slightly. Any way to correct this?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
OK Paul, first thing we need to know is what the projector is. I have a Sanyo XP21N and it has three indepedent panels with fine screws for alignment (convergence). Studio experience converged mine after I noticed the red was shifted slightly. Now, almost perfect.

But the newest generation of the Sanyo has a fixed block that holds all three panels such that they can not be independently adjusted. I don't know what other manufacturers are using this setup.

Someone help me out here but I think this can also be caused by a chroma delay where the color signals are not perfectly in sync with each other. This can be a source problem or an on-board problem.

First thing though, tell us the make, model and age of the projector.

Dan

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Ok, I don't know anything about this projector so I'll have to pass the baton. But if the projector is set up with three adjustable panels, it is fairly easy to converge them. Have you tried to get a copy of the service manual? That would tell you definitively whether or not this adjustment can be carried out.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I took a projector to bits a while ago and found that while there were three screws for the R / G / B panels and I could adjust 'something' it did not change the panel alignment.

Very strange considering each of the screws allowed you to move the R/G/B holdiers but nothing changed :confused:

·
Premium Member
4,708 Posts
Should be three adjustments for each panel on that projector. Hor, Vert and Yaw.

Don't move or change the green panel in any way. Adjust the other two to the green. Block the light path from the red if your converging blue and block blue while converging red to the green.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JimmyR
Should be three adjustments for each panel on that projector. Hor, Vert and Yaw.

Don't move or change the green panel in any way. Adjust the other two to the green. Block the light path from the red if your converging blue and block blue while converging red to the green.
also make sure on the sharp that you loosen the locking screws that allow you to adjust the panels

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
again, does anyone know where you can pick up a service manual for my proj? (sharp xg-p20xu) i would love to converge it but i dont even know how to take it apart. i need to get some dust blobs out of there while im in there. Thanks for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.