AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've noticed that my DVD signal is a bit off with my TV... anyone have any idea what settings I should be looking for on my TV or DVD to change?

I have one of those semi-HD TVs... 40" Samsung 720p. My LG DVD has a screensaver with a bouncing "DVD Video logo" hexagon. When it hits the top or bottom, it bounces perfectly off the edge of the TV frame. But when it goes to the left side of the screen, it bounces about 1/2 an inch before it gets to the edge of the TV and when it goes to the right it bounces after it goes into the TV frame about 1-1.5".

Anyone know what is wrong?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks fine, I just thought I might be missing part of video ... but now that I think about it, if it was doing the same thing as the screensaver then I should have a bar of grey on the left side of the screen... I don't so I guess it is just the screensaver that's messed up

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
There you go. Besides, there's no "alignment" adjustments in LCDs or DVD/BD players that I am aware of.

·
Registered
412 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesky636 /forum/post/18278492

There you go. Besides, there's no "alignment" adjustments in LCDs or DVD/BD players that I am aware of.

Actually, there are adjustments but we won't go there.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
are you sure the dvd player is set to output 16x9? are you sure the WIDE or DISPLAY settings on the tv are correct?

·
Registered
5,221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by display veteran /forum/post/18290354

Actually, there are adjustments but we won't go there.

Umm, you don't make a claim like that and then say you don't want to talk about it. Besides aspect ratio or full pixel display (whatever each manufacturer calls them), what adjustments are there? There are no convergance adjustments like on a CRT or certain projectors. So please. Go there.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitlet /forum/post/18291757

are you sure the dvd player is set to output 16x9? are you sure the WIDE or DISPLAY settings on the tv are correct?

The OP stated that program material looks fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts