AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would you guys recomend for an lcd that compares to the x1? the most important factors are a good sharp focus, and i guess a good scaling ability( ill be playing 480p xbox, and 480p dvd on it). and if possible 4:3 and around $1500 , although its not a must. i tried an x1 and loved it, and i would be happy with the picture qaulity, but the rainbows got to me too much. so any help would be appreciated. hopefully theres some lcds that are just as good.

jeremy

· Registered
128 Posts
I'd love to know this too, supposedly the Panasonic AE700 given it has 2000:1 contrast ratio but I couldn't tell you.

· Banned
5,755 Posts
I don't know how long you tried the X1 but I thought they would be a deal killer for me for two weeks. Then, after a while I noticed that I was watching the movie, not the screen. They became nothing to me very soon. I'm glad I gave it time.

That was a year and a quarter ago. Now I see them rarely and they are meaningless when I do.

Hope you find what you need.

· Registered
11 Posts
I bought a BenQ PB6100 which is very similar to the X1, and I saw rainbows, they were too much of a pain in the ass so I returned it.

I then testdrove an Epson Powerlite S1+ which was pretty good (cost $1200 CAD) but returned that because after more research and seeing it action I opted for an Epson Powerlite Home 10+. The 10+ is sold officially as a home theatre pj and is native 16:9, 854x480 res (and compatable with a bunch of others including some HDTV).

I set the home 10+ up last night and it is amazingly beautiful. :) It cost me $1600 CAD after a bunch of shopping and haggling. So it cost a bit more but is worth it IMO, especially since the bulbs cost $200 as oposed to over $500.

my 2cents,

-Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.