AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if it was able to use a LCD comptuer monitor as a tv display with only hooking up say an DVD player??? will this work?

I did some searching on the web, but couldnt find anything that said yes.. anyone have any links for this type of stuff???

Can it be done?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Most computer monitors have RGB connections. If you have a device that outputs RGB, you should be able to connect it to your computer monitor.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have seen some with an svideo so i thought it would work.. just wondering if anyone has done this or seen any information on it

would be a cheap alternative for the bedroom 300 for a monitor compared to 1200 for a lcd tv

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I have a samsung MP150 that is an LCD monitor with a tuner, svid, and composite input (as well as audio). TV pic is okay (kinda grainy), but acceptable for the kitchen, and we use it as a monitor as well, so it's a great little machine.

Other options are to buy the monitor of your choice, and then get a scaler of some sort (Viewsonic makes a couple that are reasonably priced...)

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/vi...x_vb50hrtv.htm

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
476 Posts
tivo1

I played a couple of DVDs (as a test) on my highly-rated Samsung 191T monitor from a DVD-RW drive (in a PC) via DVI connection.

I was not very happy with the results. I think, a dual-use monitor, like Boykster mentioned, is a better idea.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
the "newer" samsung 171/151MP monitors supposedly have better NTSC performance as well (over the 150/170 series like mine). Also, I believe they have HDTV comp inputs (don't quote me).

Cheers,

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.