AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a BenQ FP241W. I have dark blotches. It's only happening on the top third of the monitor, but are going on for years I think. I have a screens saver that alternates between white/black but it's not improving. Maybe it got worse recently because it's bothering me more. Sometimes I see actual burn-in patterns of toolbars and whatnot if the screen doesn't changes for a while.

It's a lot more subtle when I turn on the monitor after being off for the night, but it gets stronger as the computer is on.

Any way to fix it, get rid of it?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Could it be the "type 2" ionisation Mura effect described here ?

That looks like the most accurate description for my problem. Can I do anything against it? (I still don't know why it would appear after using the monitor for maybe a year or two.)

·
Registered
2 Posts

Sorry for the bump on this, but this seemed relevant to my topic and was the most recent post I could find about it.

I only have a single photo to provide right now, and I've only got a cellphone camera, so I can't provide a 300dpi awesome photo of my screen. I've got a 32 Inch VIORE I got from Newegg 4 or so years back.

As you can see near the middle white line to the right there is a distinct dark splotch. What you might not be able to see is the odd shade of colors around it that also never change (usually looks a bit purple on a grey background.) Looks like a weird "stain" across my screen. I've been trying to figure out what this is and what the cause of it is.

Originally I thought, "Man, I was a total dumb ass LCD screen owner 6 months or so before I saw these marks and used some window/glass cleaner on my screen like somebody's Grandma would do."

I kicked myself in the ass over it, but it wasn't that distracting so I ignored it. I haven't done that since and I swear the spot has gotten darker from when I first saw it (originally I only noticed it on blues, now I can notice it when it's on grey or tan and I can even slightly make out a light grey coloring when it's on pure white.) Then I started seeing stuff like this from people who are super careful about this stuff, so I was like "Nah, couldn't have been cleaner, coincidence."

So, then I was like "Ok, so the TV is near where our Air Conditioner is, and we run that thing almost 24/7 in the summer (my wife likes it cold, and due to a lack of doors it doesn't stay cold long enough for the AC to stay off.) So, I started searching that up, and then it I stumbled on this topic:
Marks on the inside of my LCD TV Screen | AVForums where I discovered the term MURA, and things that looked similar to my problem, although less severe or usually in a straight line at the edge of the screen instead of smack dab in the middle.

I can provide more photos if necessary. I can't promise much more crystal clarity, but I can show you photos with different colors or images on it so you can get the full extent of the mark. Any and all help in identifying this will help me. If it's something in my control that I can avoid doing it'd help me save a lot of money when I buy my next LCD TV.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't been around... But I think there's nothing that can be done. I searched around a lot and the best answer I got is to get a new display. There was one person that mentioned that I could try compressing the panel itself. Of course for that I'd need to disassemble it. And it might get destroyed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts