AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully this is the right place to put this..New here and with a problem.

I have a Sanyo lcd42e3 and am trying to use it as a clone monitor for a few things including videos.

I put in a new (used and older) display card nx6600 with 3 outputs.

I can get the tv to display the monitor just fine, but, the resolution isn't correct and I am missing a portion of my desktop.

I am using dvi to hdmi on the tv.

The owners manual says

"the TV can automatically recognize signals from the connected PC/HDMI"

then it shows a column of resolutions in various modes that the tv should jump to...but, my tv doesn't seem to recognize the pc with that input/cable. It is staying at 1920x1080.

Another quote below the resolutions..

"When the PC input is not in the PC signal mode column above, a "no support" message will be displayed but in some cases the LCD TV will still display the PC signal. In this situation the display position may not be correct and the quality may not be good."

Ok..is this telling me that I need to set my monitor resolution to the corresponding modes resolution? For example...vga system mode says 640x480 resolution. SXGA (42" full hd only) is 1280x1024.

If so...system mode is the hdmi? svga? xga? wxga?

Can I manually set the resolution in hdmi mode somehow on this set?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaclue72 /forum/post/18189925

Hopefully this is the right place to put this..New here and with a problem.

I have a Sanyo lcd42e3 and am trying to use it as a clone monitor for a few things including videos.

I put in a new (used and older) display card nx6600 with 3 outputs.

I can get the tv to display the monitor just fine, but, the resolution isn't correct and I am missing a portion of my desktop.

I am using dvi to hdmi on the tv.

The owners manual says

"the TV can automatically recognize signals from the connected PC/HDMI"

then it shows a column of resolutions in various modes that the tv should jump to...but, my tv doesn't seem to recognize the pc with that input/cable. It is staying at 1920x1080.

Another quote below the resolutions..

"When the PC input is not in the PC signal mode column above, a "no support" message will be displayed but in some cases the LCD TV will still display the PC signal. In this situation the display position may not be correct and the quality may not be good."

Ok..is this telling me that I need to set my monitor resolution to the corresponding modes resolution? For example...vga system mode says 640x480 resolution. SXGA (42" full hd only) is 1280x1024.

If so...system mode is the hdmi? svga? xga? wxga?

Can I manually set the resolution in hdmi mode somehow on this set?

Aspect Ratio Options -> Full Screen (No Border)

Boky

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Try extended desktop setting. Is your other display also a 1920x1080? Nvidia forces both displays at the same resolution in clone mode. See the HTPC forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts