AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if someone could point me towards an LCD TV FAQ. I've decided, due to my paranoia of burn-in, that I'll probably get and LCD tv. BUt somethings still confuse me, like why the 30' Sony XBR900 costs more than alot of rear projection LCD tv's. Also the problem with LCD Computer moniters is the refresh rate. I haven't seen anyone list the refresh rate on their LCD TV's. Anyways as you can see I'm alittle confused, thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Regarding remotes - I have had a Pronto 1000 for years and works well (can be had on the Philips site for less than $100 refurbished). Recently upgraded to the new Pronto 3000 for the extra hard keys. However, the 1000 is still an excellent remote. Since the refurb. 1000's are so cheap I purchased one for my parents / programmed it / and now they can't go without it.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Warder45,

I would think you need to tell people how you plan to use the device to get a more useful response. Just as a TV ? Also as a computer monitor ? Mostly one or the other ? And what, other than burn-in, is important to you ?

Just my opinion.

Also, the Sony 30" is selling for about $1000 more (on the internet) than possibly competing LCD models from Samsung and Sharp. I am not saying anything bad about the Sony, and I am sure it has some unique features, but that's a pretty large differential. If you check this thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=256990

you'll see that it hasn't been easy getting info on the Sony unit you are considering. If you have more details on the unit, please share them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.