AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I need some help with my home theater setup. I have a Panasonic HDTV (32'' TC-32LX60C), an hd receiver 4250HD from Scientific Atlanta and a Harman-Kardon amp AVR-146. Since i have that setup, when i turned on my tv AFTER i turned on my amplifier, my tv wouldnt start unless i unplugged/replugged the hdmi cable.

I just needed to be careful in what order i would turn on everything. But for a couple of days now, every single time i wanna turn on the tv, it doesnt wanna start unless i do the same routine of unplugging and replugging the hdmi cable. Everything is plugged in hdmi and controlled by the amp who switch the source and the sounds be himself. The TV always stays on the HDMI source.

I can't find anyone who has that same problem on the web; can anyone please help me!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Unfortunatly there isn't an answer to "how do I fix this". You didn't explain how your components were connected. I am going to assume the SA is connected using HDMI to the HK which is connected to the TV using HDMI. The ideal turn on sequence is SA, HK and then TV. I'm sure you have tried that so your only reliable operation is to connect the SA directly to the TV using HDMI and the SA digital audio, optical or coax to the HK.

If I help out any of my non-technical friends connect their systems I use component video to the TV and digital audio to their HTiB if they have one to keep them out of HDMI hell if the connections are available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that is the problem. if i start the HK before my tv, the tv wont start. so for me, the ideal turn on sequence is tv, hk and sa.

Everything is plugged in HDMI. the tv has only one hdmi input so thats why i use the HK to do the switching for me (it has 2 hdmi input and 1 output).

I tried a power cycle (unplug everything, wait 30 sec and plus everything back on) and it worked... for like 3hours. Now everything is back the way it was.

Looks like my only option is to plus my SA in component like it was before. i had no problems then...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Thanks for the input that the power sequence that works for you is the opposite of what I thought it would be. I'll add that to my list of "what works".

I am using a 3/1 automatic HDMI switcher to expand the ports on my set which only has two. It automatically selects the active input but also has a remote which allows forcing the selection if more than one input is active. It also has an IR remote pickup on an extension cable so the switch can be located behind the set. It came with three 3' HDMI cables and free shipping from China for $15 from Meritline.com and works well. You would still need the audio connection to the HK.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Check in the settings of your TV to make sure HDMI-CEC is disabled. I think Panasonic calls it VieraLink. That can sometimes cause some funky issues with HDMI.

Also try updating the firmware. Check Panasonic's website for details.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
eveything for the hdmi control is disabled.

i cant update my tv because the model that i have is a canadian model and they dont have a SD card slot... thats stupid. there is an update on the us panasonic website that solves my problem. the firmware is supposed to fix a bug caused by scientific atlanta receivers... but i cant update it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts