AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been here only 20 hours; but it is phenomenal & I don't even have HDTV yet. The Sharp 30" LCD is up & running. The PQ is stunning. Watching ""Charmed" last night was like having 3 gorgeous witches right here. The remote for the A/V control center has a pretty steep learning curve & the manual is pretty thick. I'm just taking the first steps & am not a techie, so it's mostly bumbling--but visually stunning.

Alan Gouger: You gotta see one of these! The price ranges from $5000-8000. It pays to look around.

·
Registered
590 Posts
It sounds exciting Iaen; what are sort of signal(s) are you feeding it? Any bad pixels? A decent sized flat panel with no burn-in risk! Great!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Robin,

No dead pixels. I've played with the AVIA disk on it. Lots of it doesn't apply to LCD. Viewing angle is less than the 170 degrees they claim. The image is still visible without a lot of distortion; but it appears very pale & washed out. The factory settings were way too high even though they were at center of the range. It can't do 1080p but everything from 480i on up looks great.

The remote is no way ergonomic & it is very slick--hard to hang onto, maybe brushed aluminum. Layout is not very intuitive, IMO. Learning & viewing at the same is not very efficient.

I would really like to find something I could brush or paint on the remote that would give some traction. Black electrical tape isn't very elegant. :)

·
Super Moderator
21,492 Posts
enjoy the Sharp!

but you must feed it HDTV: HD-Net from DirecTV on the Sharp 30 will blow you away

the remote is plastic

Mark:) :)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Mark,

STB is due in June from Korea. It's delivered by water buffalo. Don't have a dish. The higher channels on cable are surprisingly better. Some of the single digit channels look a little worse. Hmm. Glad you mentioned the plastic. My other remotes are black plastic but the weight etc., feel very different. I recorded Stargate on DVD & the playback is far superior to VHS & noticeably better than Replay3060 (which is pretty good). It's like art. I don't know what goes on to create it, but I know what I like.

Thanks, Iaen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.