AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Samsung/Sony 55" within 30 days or so.

Samsung/Sony 70" new versions arriving but no one knows the pricing yet - previous versions were $30K >

Sharp D64 Budget 65". Should have it's new model in early September - usually debuts at CEDIA.

Sharp SE94 65".

The Olevia 65" is using contracted Sharp Glass and Olevia is in Bankruptcy so the support if ever needed may disappear.

Toshiba and Samsung had 57" panels that may be phased out now or soon to be and not certain of a replacement in 57" sizing.

Sharp stopped building 57" for N. America about a year ago. Love a Big TV as long as it doesn't have banding or priced higher than $7K.

Chei Mei (CMO) has a quad 1080P 56" for a few years that was rumored to come to market with I believe a Westinghouse badge but I've yet to see one yet outside the Trade Shows.

·
Registered
406 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmanla /forum/post/14330692

Westa6969

This is the first I've heard of 55" Sony and Samsungs. Can you point me to any other info?

There has been A LOT of discussion of both these models on AVS. Search for XBR8 and 950. Not hard to find.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
WHY Would someone wait for a 55 sammy/sony to come out when there are plenty of 52 models available, 3 inches isnt THAT much of a differnce u kno lol

·
Registered
276 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamonsasa /forum/post/14331834

WHY Would someone wait for a 55 sammy/sony to come out when there are plenty of 52 models available, 3 inches isnt THAT much of a differnce u kno lol

It's not just 3 inches and actually 3 inches is somewhat significant. But they will be their LED models as well... not just 3 inches, huge quality differences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts