AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some feedback on comparing some different LCD and LCoS sets. My wife approved the purchase of a new TV on one condition......NO CRT RPTV. She wants a table top design. I was very close to getting a deal from a friend who works at the Sony plant nearby. I had my heart set on the 60XBR950. That deal fell through and I don't want to spend the extra 2K plus I heard they had a lot of problems with the lamps. That being said, I have narrowed(if you call 5) my choices to the following:

Hitachi 60V500

Panny PT-60LCX63

Zenith D60WLCD

LG RU-60SZ30 (sister to Zenith I think)

Philips 55PL9723

I know this is kind of a "me too" post but I am losing my mind trying to decide. Pouring over all of these posts can put a negative spin on things because you hear a lot of horror stories for almost every model and technology. I am going to buy in the next month and I thought I would get any last minute advice from the people who have been living with these sets through the good and bad.

Thanks!

p.s. anyone know where I look at the Philips in the greater Pittsburgh area???

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
There have not been too many major problems associated with the Hitachi 60. It would be my choice but I might be slightly prejudiced since I am a HO.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 60v500 was my first choice when the Sony deal went sour. One thing I didn't like was the screen. I looked at it in a Sears and there was a weird reflection on off angle viewing. That was one thing I liked about the GWIII XBR. It had at protective screen that kind of gave a feel of picture tube. I think they have an antireflective coating to cut down on the glare. Do you notice anything out of the ordinary with reflections from you screen?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
maybe if there is a lot of reflective light bouncing around the room, but i keep my viewing area mostly on the darkside. i don't recall any complaints about screen reflections in the Hit threads. you might want to bounce into the Master Thread tho and pose the question.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I haven't kept up on the GWIII too much, but I had also heard that the bulb issues were resolved and that new sets (manufactured this year) would all have the fixes.

I personally have the Philips set and love it, though I seem to be one of the few who haven't had any issues with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.