AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last HDTV I purchased is my Sony KDSR-60XBR1, which is still looks great. The television in my bedroom just died. Looking for something in the 46" range,LED, don't need 3D or internet. With all the prices coming down, think it's a good time to buy. What would you recommend? Open to other brands besides Sony. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,242 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brickyardz
Last HDTV I purchased is my Sony KDSR-60XBR1, which is still looks great. The television in my bedroom just died. Looking for something in the 46" range,LED, don't need 3D or internet. With all the prices coming down, think it's a good time to buy. What would you recommend? Open to other brands besides Sony. Thanks for the help.
Was it REALLY necessary to start TWO threads on EXACTLY the same thing? Perhaps you should read the various threads and get some ideas, go to stores and get some ideas, and then come back with some SPECIFIC questions.

Also, it would be nice to know your budget. Why do you want an LED/LCD rather than a CCFL/LCD? Cheaper LEDs have more screen uniformity issues, light leakage, etc. You can get a high quality CCFL for about the same price as a crappy LED.

Do your homework before posting TWO threads.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/0

Was it REALLY necessary to start TWO threads on EXACTLY the same thing? Perhaps you should read the various threads and get some ideas, go to stores and get some ideas, and then come back with some SPECIFIC questions.

Also, it would be nice to know your budget. Why do you want an LED/LCD rather than a CCFL/LCD? Cheaper LEDs have more screen uniformity issues, light leakage, etc. You can get a high quality CCFL for about the same price as a crappy LED.

Do your homework before posting TWO threads.

Using my iPhone, sorry I posted 2 threads on the same subject, did not know if the other one was posted. How can I delete one of these? I have $2000 to spend. What is CCFL? like I said, been out of the loop for awhile

1 - 3 of 3 Posts