AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been testing LCD Master for a while now and working with Mike on it, and he asked me to redirect some of my concerns in here so we can share the howto and knowledge with others...

anyway, Testing the marquee capability of LCD Master within girder, I've encountered interesting features

I use a HD44780 self-wired LCD which is 4*20 backlight, the girder LCD driver V.2.0 and LCD Master 0.51

This said, since the update to 0.51, the marquee speed have been slowed down, so I started to edit the LCDMaster.lua (init file) and saw that there is now a "word" mode on the marquee, within the LCD Master.

I suspect that the LCD master interfear with the natural marquee as set via the LCD plugin in girder, as its now so slow, and I can't change the speed with any of the settings.

this said, the LCD does give only one line of marquee, as the HD44780 hardwaqre accepts only one (I think), but if I enable the word mode, I end up having 2+ marquee lines.

Mike told me that the word mode is software driven within LCD Master, giving the multiline possibility.

I would like to setup different marquee types for different screens, which seams to be possible according to mike, but hard to setup.

my idea would be to have multiline word marquee for RSS feeds (news) and to have single line character marquee for winamp and zoom player (title).

Also, I'd like to find out what's wrong for the marquee speed, I'd like to have it fast as it used to be before I upgraded to LCD Master 0.51.

any ideas how to proceed?

thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.