AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys recently my lcd monitor goes on and off and sometimes it stays on but leaves a bunch of little squares throughout the screen. And if it doesn't do that it just totally scrambles the picture so I can't make out anything and then I have to restart my pc. Also sometimes it gets to my desktop and once programs start loading for startup it then goes to a blank screen.

LOL I know it seems like alot of issues but this is what happens. But my question is do you think its the monitor or the video card? When I check the card temps they are fine and everything looks great. Also the the card is a 7600gt agp card and only about 1 year old in the system. The monitor though is a HP 19" lcd about 4 years old maybe older. I got it as a returned open box item that was sold seperately from the pc it was matched with.

I may be able to get hold of another monitor to test and see just what it is but was hoping for some quick insight lol. Any thoughts would be very helpful, thanks ahead of time

Or could it be the power supply?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi,

I don't know what your equipment inventory is, but is it possible to try a different monitor, or monitor cable.

Also, does it mention anything in the even logs when this is happening? Does booting into safe mode help?

Let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts