AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to mount my 55" LG LCD between two walls.

Simple explanation is that there is a 13 foot wall with about a 3 foot cavity and about 2 foot deep in the middle where an old fireplace was.

I'm hoping to brace the 3 foot space with a 2x6 anchored on each side and mount my TV to the 2x6, potentially will need to double up the 2x6 to ensure there is enough depth for the anchors.

Any suggestions or improvements?

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
take a picture i can't envision the location

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
What's the plan for the alcove? Are you going to use if? In not just drywall over the space. That way you can position the studs exactly where you need them.

If you are very handy, then you could design some sort of storage that you could access above and below the TV. Use it for an electronic equipment rack or something.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have shelving ready to go above the TV for gaming systems, hoping to use the space below the TV for the Receiver and HD Cable Box.

I believe I can still frame it as desired as it will all be behind the TV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 /forum/post/20885889

Below are a couple of links to articulating wall mounts which extend out past 24" which should provide you with the depth that you need to simply mount it on the actual recessed wall (so long as you have standard studs).

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...#specification

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...#specification

Unfortunately, whom ever finished this space before we moved in didn't stud it correctly and behind the recessed portion there are no studs except in the corners.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Simple solution especially if you are going to put shelving in. Span plywood accross the 2 studs. Attach with screws to the studs and some toggle anchors towards the center for added strength. Then you can attach the wall mount to the plywood after painting it the same color of the wall. The plywood only needs to be a couple of inches taller than the wall mounts back piece. Actually a 2x6 as you suggested initially would also do the trick inside the recess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.