AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to look for mounting brackets for LCD monitors?

I'm looking to use an LCD as a television in a new kitchen. The Panasonic TC-22LT1 has integrated tuner and speakers and is 16:9. Pixel count is only 854x480 but it will not be a "home theater" use. Anyway, I want to use a telescoping arm mount so that it can be viewed from 2 locations. These things come with stands but I believe they can be bracket mounted. but I can't find brackets as an accessory anywhere.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
How's about you start here:

http://www.avsmarts.com/cgi-bin/avs/CL.html

Omnimount makes a few other products as well and they are less pricey that many others. Peerless and/or Chief also plays in this space.

Are you sure you want to got all the way to 22" in the kitchen?

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Crutchfield also carries several swing-out and/or swing-down brackets, though they may be limited to smaller size Sharps & Pannys.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I went with a 17 inch Samsung from CompUSA, model LTM-1775W. Picture is 16:9, 1280 by 768 resolution so it will do HDTV. No DVI in, unfortunately. Will be delivered in a week.

You are right, 22 inches is too big for a kitchen.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'd say that all depends on the size of the kitchen. Now in my kitchen it would definitely be too big....lol. But in the kitchen in my next house, watch out! We're talking 42" plasma action, well maybe.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.