AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I remember reading a thread here about installing a neutral density filter in LCD tvs (Panasonic specifically) to help with black levels, but I can't seem to find it via search. I'm going to attempt this with my Sony GWIV, but I'm not sure what I need and how to do it.

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
I could swear I saw umr mention something about that with the Sony. Have you looked through the GW threads?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
It has been briefly discussed in the GW threads. UMR said it would improve the blacks and that he believes a few people have tried it with the GWII and III but we still haven't found anyone willing to operate on their new GWIV.

Quote:
Originally posted by NVboy
I could swear I saw umr mention something about that with the Sony. Have you looked through the GW threads?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I recently raised some questions about doing an ND Filter mod on a GWIII, see:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=462871

Unfortunately I didn't get a response from Dominus (I had hoped he might have taken pictures during the mod).

umr indicated that he thinks the top of the TV might have to be removed to do the mod (ouch - not sure I want to go there, wish it was easier like the Panny mod).

If anybody does do the mod please take pictures and share you're experience on both doing the mod and the results!

Unfortunately I doubt there is a qualified ISF tech anywhere near where I live so its a do-it-yourself job or nothing. (I'll probably wait at least until the warranty expires.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.