AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a professional photographer looking for an lcd or dlp to project my digital images for sales. What's the difference between the two? I'd like to find a unit that can zoom down to an 8" x 12" image size from a distance of about 10' - 12'. Would appreciate other features to look for as well. I'd also like to use this for my "home theatre"

Thanks,

Don

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I don't know of any projector that can zoom down to that small of an image from 10' out. An additional lens would be a must. In general LCD have a bigger screendoor effect so you must sit back a little further to get a smooth image. But LCDs generally offer brighter pictures and usually better colors. DLP have what's called a rainbow effect which some people see to varying degrees. DLP offer a smoother picture and usually deeper blacks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jonmx:
DLP have what's called a rainbow effect which some people see to varying degrees. DLP offer a smoother picture and usually deeper blacks.
But is rainbow a problem with still pictures?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yes, rainbow still shows on stills, it is caused by movement of your eye across the screen, more that movement in the image itself, which I have never seen rainbow from.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
If your doing mostly still images and you buy a DLP that can handle a high refresh rate and use a PC to set the refresh rate, you can greatly diminish the rainbow effect. The projectors color wheel will spin a lot faster if you set the refresh rate at the highest setting for the projector and thereby making more difficult to see the rainbow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.