Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My wife and I are having a house built and we would like to have a HDTV set-up in the family room. The size of this room is 12' x 15' and the TV would be located against one of the short walls. Because of the layout of the room and opening, the size of this TV should be between 36" and 42" (or so). Of course, the thinner the better so tube-TV are less desireable.

Any suggestions as to whether we should go with LCD or Plasma? I had my eye on the Sharp LC37HV6U, but it may be an older model and not available at many places. And it's kinda hard to find smaller HD plasmas.

The budget should be around $4k, but we have time to wait until the prices come down (i.e. a year or so).

Another question regarding the plasmas. I see that many plasmas have resolutions of 1024x768 and 1024x1024. Neither of these resolutions are sufficient for 720p, are they?

Thanks.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ftaok
...I had my eye on the Sharp LC37HV6U, but it may be an older model and not available at many places....
OhMyFriend. Trust your instincts/first impressions. Excellent choice, if you can find one. Even better bargain for your(under US$4K) will be the newer Sharp LC32G4U. WOW! Whatta picture!

My Opinion Only,

AMc

PS: And, should you consider upping your budget a tad, the LC37G4U is going to blow you absolutely away(and, anyway, what's the extra $1-or-$2Large worth, amortized over 10 years of enjoyment? PEANUTS, I say!).

:D

A.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.