Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ken

Generaly the alignment is spot on with that type of assembly, but as you now realise alignment by hand is a *****!, just stick with it though you should get better results it just takes time and alot of patience!.I know been there, done it,and I mean loads of times!.As to parts what about Fujitsu? it's the same machine LPF4200( AKA Telex P600),LPF4700

and LPF5200(slightly different prism block though)

You should see the packaging for a replacement optical block!,all metal 10mm thick and bolted together! probably trying to make you feel that it is worth thousands of dollars http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Paul O'Hale
Your lies are like bananas,they're yellow and come in big bunches!

Leslie Neilson,Wrongfully accused
www.mcgahon-oneill.com

[This message has been edited by Paul O'Hale (edited 05-28-2001).]

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Yeah, you're right. It's a fujitsu unit. I did not want to go posting such information, unless I knew for sure that it was general knowledge about who sources what... So, do you think that fujitsu sells the single piece? or is the optical block still the only thing available?

Also, I went to using micrometers on the LCD/prism block,and aligned the entire piece, including the metal mounting piece. It was of as well. I hate the fact that you cannot work on the block without dissassembling/ re-assembling the ENTIRE thing each time you check out your handiwork. What a royal pain. I've taken that one unit apart now at least 10 times.....

------------------

goosystems.com

Ken Hotte

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by KBK (edited 05-28-2001).]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, actually the panels are Sony! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

As to if the parts are available individualy for the block,I would say no but maybe they might have incomplete or scrapped blocks for a reasonable price if the tech dept is approached nicely....maybe, it's worth the try anyway!

Ken

you should be able to adjust the panel while the unit is running unless you have the earlier version which has the large signal board covering the optical assembly. If that is the case then make up a set of extension leads using the plugs from your other scrap projector as connectors and move the panel out of the way to allow running adjustments.

If you where just talking about aligning the panel by removing,adjusting and then refitting then yes it's a long job doing it that way! in the end I actually made a jig that sits in place while adjusting ( minature models hobby helped here!)and a slow drying hi-temp glue.

------------------

Paul O'Hale
Your lies are like bananas,they're yellow and come in big bunches!

Leslie Neilson,Wrongfully accused
www.mcgahon-oneill.com

[This message has been edited by Paul O'Hale (edited 05-28-2001).]

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I had a few 1024x768 LCD units that where bought off of e-bay recently... I decided to help a friend out and urged him to purchase 3 E-home EPS1024's that where up for grabs there. Two turned oout to be trashed, due to the fact that someone tried to take the optical assembly apart and broke a $10 dicrhomatic glass component... AND.. this piece of glass is NOT available separately, and the whole assembly is all that's available, at $2k!!! So, I have ONE fucntional 700 lumen RGB (BNC'D input) decent looking (for LCD unit that is) and another.. that is trash, for the lack of a $10 component. (nothing against E-home here, this is rampant amongst this sort of technology- and it is CLEARLY not their fault) Also, they do not offer a re-aligning service for the LCD panel-prism block. (I don't blame them, warrantying a 200 dollar job on a $7K part is a good way to bankrupt yourself) They replace it ONLY.. at $7K for that part. Hmmmm. Alighment by hand was nessessary.

One major thing has hapened in this unit, which is probably now in MANY a LCD unit. To save few dollars, the panel-prism assembly is mounted and aligned with EPOXY, instead of a adjustable jig, like the last few units I have looked at. So, the panels themselves are unsalvageable if the machine is dropped, and in the long run... if shipped around often, or as a rental unit might have in the way of abuse...

Prospective LCD buyers, of new machines, should CHECK INTO the availability of service and parts on these fronts, or they may find themselves with a screwed, totally unservicable LCD projector, two months after the unit's warranty has expired.. all for the lack of a $10 component. In this case, the blue screen was left on too long, and the heat caused the dicromatic to discolor on the Blue LCD panel's part of the optics. The three E-Home unit's cannot have been more than 400 hours old each, and came in a $13K canadian or so, each. Hosed, early in thier lives, all due to blue screen. Supposedly, the engine in use in this unt is fairly common, from about 1999 or so.. I advise you to limit the amount of blue screen you allow to 'sit about' on any of the higher output LCD units. There can actually be a heat problem occuring here. Specifically watch for obstruction and dirt clogging the filter/fan arrangement for cooling the LCD panels directly. The blues screen of death (known to windows users) can actually be the TRUE screen of death for LCD units. I have direct evidence that this can kill LCD units, so BEWARE.

Anyways, back to the original question. I managed to get the panels aligned on one of the units. I managed to get an accuracy of one pixel width being the maximum amount of error in one of the corners. Everywhere else,it is less. I have the error on the lower left of the displayed image. I can get it better, but... how good is alignment in general on these units?

------------------

goosystems.com

Ken Hotte

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by KBK (edited 05-28-2001).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.