AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anybody knows of a way to control a LCD panel... OK, let me see if I can ask that better. I can find LCD panles on ebay for cheap. They have been stripped out of monitors so they don't have the power input connector, vga connector, power button,... all the stuff that is usually on the moitor housing. These are only a thin LCD panel with some foil wire cables hanging off od it. Does anyone bundle that "stuff" as a standalone interface box? I'd like to DIY the monitor with a touch screen overlay and put it on the wall like a picture, run the cables through the wall to a reomtely housed PC / controller box and use it to display pictures and interface with a music juke box (still "working" on this project
)Thanks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
While obviously not the application you're looking for. This link over at TomsHardware.com uses an LCD monitor stripped down and connects it to a computer and mods it with an overhead projector for use as a LCD projector.

Pretty cool DIY stuff. They do go through all the connectors they use for the interface and stuff. You're on your own for the rest...

[Edit: now that I go through the whole thing, they used all the parts from the full LCD monitor, so that probably won't help you. You'd probably need to find the rest of the corresponding parts on Ebay or something.]

Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.